• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB options sorted in preference tiers

JawnyBlaze

21 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I would be satisfied if the Panthers sign Derek Carr,  with the plan to make him the permanent starter and Draft Levis or Richardson at # 9 to develop and takeover when Carr leaves.

Why would you do that?  You are wasting the rookie contract advantage and more importantly why in the hell would carr want to go to a team with that plan?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, travisura said:

Exactly. Folks on here have a trading back fetish. Just get your guy if he's there.

I'm ok with standing pat and taking a player that falls to #9. I don't think any QB in this Draft RIGHT NOW is worth trading multiple first round picks for. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

Go up for Stroud. 

Draft and throw Richardson in the fire.

Get BPA at 9 and draft Hendon Hooker in later rounds. 

NO NO NO to Carr in all fn scenarios. Zero chance we retread a bum like him after Darnold and Mayfield deals. 

Why is a four time Pro Bowler deemed a bum?

12 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Why is a four time Pro Bowler deemed a bum?

1.Pro Bowls mean nothing they're voted on by fans. Did he make any All-Pro teams???? Nope.

2. Can't take care of the football. Fumbles like crazy.

3. Had high end weapons n didn't do anything with it.

4. If you think our new head coach who got his last job torpedoed by retread 30+yr old qbs is going to do that again is absurd 

Is that enough reasons for you guys to accept HE. IS. A. BUM

Edited by BEASTfromdaEAST
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

1.Pro Bowls mean nothing they're voted on by fans. Did he make any All-Pro teams???? Nope.

2. Can't take care of the football. Fumbles like crazy.

3. Had high end weapons n didn't do anything with it.

4. If you think our new head coach who got his last job torpedoed by retread 30+yr old qbs is going to do that again is absurd 

Is that enough reasons for you guys to accept HE. IS. A. BUM

I'm afraid not as they're unfounded opinions. Appreciate the reply though, we'll just have to agree to disagree on Carr's abilities.

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I'm ok with standing pat and taking a player that falls to #9. I don't think any QB in this Draft RIGHT NOW is worth trading multiple first round picks for. 

There are question marks around 98% of all QB draft prospects. I bet you would've been livid if you were a Chiefs fan that just watched your team trade two firsts and a third to move up and grab Mahomes, who at the time was the furthest thing from a solid pick. Sometimes you have to make the move. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, travisura said:

There are question marks around 98% of all QB draft prospects. I bet you would've been livid if you were a Chiefs fan that just watched your team trade two firsts and a third to move up and grab Mahomes, who at the time was the furthest thing from a solid pick. Sometimes you have to make the move. 

Nope, I loved Mahomes - was desperate for the Panthers to Draft him.

I'd have been unhappy with Allen though, so your point stands.

• Beer 1

Give me Lamar Jackson over Carr anyday and twice on Sundays.

It's 3 options for me.

1. Trade up for Stroud/Young

2. Stay at #9 and hope Levis/Richardson fall in our lap

3. Go after Lamar or Rodgers

Bridge QB's is not something I want again. Carr is just a slight upgrade over Darnold. No thanks but we can't become a middle of the pack team for the next 3 years.

• Pie 1