• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF - What would it take for Panthers to trade up for #1 pick

TheSpecialJuan

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

A move like that could be franchise crippling.  Tepper will be the person to make that call because he has to hire the next person to clean it up if they make the wrong pick. A lot of people will be out of a job if they get it wrong. 

A move like that could also give us the next Mahomes. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Based on what exactly?

All this other stuff I said in this thread.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

If Reich, Caldwell, and McCown sign off on the guy (whoever it is) and all think that he's the one to build the team around and say "whatever it takes, get him"....then we get him.

I'm sorry, but I'm trusting this brain trust/staff completely over any of the clowns in here.

Whatever call this staff makes on a QB is going to be the right one.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Yeah I'm quoting myself, but in addition to all this there is the George Li element.

Consider what Li did in quizzing HC candidates, throwing situations up in tape and seeing what each QB prospect saw and thinks with everyone watching. 

I mean every QB prospect, whether FA, trade, or draft pick will be heavily scrutinized by a group of QB experts and analysts the likes of which few teams have ever seen, and your acting like we have hurney and Rhule making the pick?

Have some faith in this staff. 

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

They might not, but if anyone in Panthers history deserves the benefit of the doubt it's these guys. Whatever call they make is going to be the right one. Incredibly thin chance that they aren't successful in making the decision.

Basically, this isn't some hack like hurney or Rhule. This isn't even just one incredibly intelligent HC or GM. It's a collection of brilliant minds from different backgrounds and experiences who, I'm sure, would all have to come to a consensus on a move this bold and big.

Based on the fact that this is one of the biggest collections of experts in their field, especially regarding QB...it's much more likely that whatever choice they make together will be the right one. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

All this other stuff I said in this thread.

Basically, this isn't some hack like hurney or Rhule. This isn't even just one incredibly intelligent HC or GM. It's a collection of brilliant minds from different backgrounds and experiences who, I'm sure, would all have to come to a consensus on a move this bold and big.

Based on the fact that this is one of the biggest collections of experts in their field, especially regarding QB...it's much more likely that whatever choice they make together will be the right one. 

Of course it's a better collection of minds to evaluate this class. That still doesn't mean the guy will live up to his potential.  It's always a gamble with these rookies.  I have more confidence now that we have a good enough staff to identify serviceable qb at the very least. 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Of course it's a better collection of minds to evaluate this class. That still doesn't mean the guy will live up to his potential.  It's always a gamble with these rookies.  I have more confidence now that we have a good enough staff to identify serviceable qb at the very least. 

Not only are they the best evaluators we've seen, it's a group of the best coaches at the most important position. 

Very little reason to not feel good about whatever they do.

2 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

No way. Young and/or Stroud could end up being busts. One thing is for sure, we would suck for all years of their rookie contract with no first round pick until 2026.  This type of move only makes sense when you have an Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence type qb coming out. 

Yeah the paradox is any QB worth trading up for would never have a team trade out of the #1 spot though. 

It seems risky but I don’t blame them for trying. I’d rather just stay put and take a chance on Richardson. Or maybe trade up 1-2 spots for Richardson. Nobody in this draft seems like a sure thing. I’d rather not risk it. 

• Pie 1