• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In-Depth Film Evaluation on QB Anthony Richardson

Saca312

2 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

I thought Fitterer lit up talking about him and that extended through the comments immediately following, about the new regime and QB development. 

I've not seen him "light up" about any of these guys. I think fans of a certain prospect see what they want to see.

On 2/28/2023 at 7:26 AM, CPcavedweller said:

I watched a lot of Billy Napier offense the past five years. There is nothing "unfriendly" about that offense. Sorry, if Levi Lewis can throw for almost 3,000 yards and run for a few hundred at 5'10 at Louisiana while Richardson completes 52% of his passes, that's a Richardson issue.

That offense is all bootlegs, play action, and spacing. It's not hard. It's not unfriendly.

Weird all of the excuses for Richardson. Florida has an "unfriendly" qb offense, their team has no talent, it's the wr fault, etc. etc. They recruited plenty of talent and AR went out and threw for 33% against FSU and then quit before the bowl. I'm going out on a limb and saying the most successful qb from this class will not be Young, Stroud, Levis or Richardson. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I've not seen him "light up" about any of these guys. I think fans of a certain prospect see what they want to see.

It was a radio interview so I didn’t actually see him do anything. Did you hear/see his comments?  

I haven’t even watched Richardson play one time. Don’t think I would be included in his fan club. But, the approach of taking a guy this year and signing the best vet QB we can sign, I like.  I don’t even shy from Carr and a qb at #9, or later. You cannot really go wrong having two starting level QBs if the draft pick worked out. I guess you could trade the wrong one. Anyhow, make the Carr deal so you can bail after three at the most, and proceed with stocking the QB room. 

I don’t generally indulge in fantasy but I imagine how cool having some brain trust that was all about developing QBs and being selected by or spending time in Carolina became like, an endorsement of a player. Step right up, bring your draft picks. We’ll make more. 

Edited by stratocatter

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

We all do it.

You're just not a fan of AR. Which is why you agree with certain rumored tweets and get defensive on the rumored tweets you dont like...

1 hour ago, rebelrouser said:

Weird all of the excuses for Richardson. Florida has an "unfriendly" qb offense, their team has no talent, it's the wr fault, etc. etc. They recruited plenty of talent and AR went out and threw for 33% against FSU and then quit before the bowl. I'm going out on a limb and saying the most successful qb from this class will not be Young, Stroud, Levis or Richardson. 

We did not have great talent on offense this year. Full stop. This was a bad offense outside of running and one offensive lineman. This might be the worst group of pass catchers in all the SEC. 

17 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We all do it.

You're just not a fan of AR. Which is why you agree with certain rumored tweets and get defensive on the rumored tweets you dont like...

I have no preference for any of them. I do hope they do not trade multiple picks for any of them. As far as AR goes I base my opinions on the rankings of the pro scouts. From what I've seen he's not among the top 5 qb's in this draft. If we draft him i hope he proves everyone wrong, including me.  I feel the same way about any of these prospects.  None are a sure thing and all need lots of development.  Some more than others. AR is in the more category that will need a lot of development before you will ever see if there's any promise there.

14 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I have no preference for any of them. I do hope they do not trade multiple picks for any of them. As far as AR goes I base my opinions on the rankings of the pro scouts. From what I've seen he's not among the top 5 qb's in this draft. If we draft him i hope he proves everyone wrong, including me.  I feel the same way about any of these prospects.  None are a sure thing and all need lots of development.  Some more than others. AR is in the more category that will need a lot of development before you will ever see if there's any promise there.

Fair enough.

16 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

May I ask which pro scouts you follow don’t have him in the top 5 QBs of this draft?

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sure if Duggan is an NFL QB at all. I'll be shocked if he's ever anything more than a backup.

What I haven't see I a lot of talk of McKee. I'm surprised with how he is ranked among the class there's not been one mention of him. Duggan was interviewed by us I think. That surprised me as he's not in the top 5 ranks either.  It's hard to get a guage on anyone outside the top 4 media darlings. 

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sure if Duggan is an NFL QB at all. I'll be shocked if he's ever anything more than a backup.

Yeah this draft has a pretty substantial drop-off from what I see after the top 5. 

T1: Young, Stroud

T2: Richardson, Levis 

T3: Hooker

Cliff

You've got McKee, Haener (fan), Tune, Hall & Duggan the remainder of the draft.  I'd say 3rd absolute highest to 7th rounders.    

I'm unsure if any of the rest are even drafteable.  Solid top, but not a large QB class.