• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CORRAL

scratched

Just now, La Pantera said:

All I know is everyone is saying frank wants an RPO QB. Well, guess what? Corral is an RPO QB...

But he's not the only qb who can run the RPO. Also he said that they are not running one specific type of offense so it doesn't mean it's RPO only.  The most important thing to Frank is accuracy and what's between the ears. He can teach the rest.

• Pie 2

30 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

But he's not the only qb who can run the RPO. Also he said that they are not running one specific type of offense so it doesn't mean it's RPO only.  The most important thing to Frank is accuracy and what's between the ears. He can teach the rest.

You can't teach athleticism.

Matt hasn't made it to the NFL based on a charmed life, he has had to overcome adversity at almost every turn along the way.

I can't help but admire people who succeed despite the hand they're dealt in life.  It requires mental fortitude, toughness and grit.

Hopefully, Matt gets an opportunity with the Panthers new staff to demonstrate he has the tools they're looking for in a QB.  

Yeah, it might be a long shot, but it won't cost the team anything to give Matt an opportunity in camp.  If he succeeds, it frees up money and future picks to address other team needs.

Fingers crossed, Matt could be our next Jake Delhomme.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Matt hasn't made it to the NFL based on a charmed life, he has had to overcome adversity at almost every turn along the way.

I can't help but admire people who succeed despite the hand they're dealt in life.  It requires mental fortitude, toughness and grit.

Hopefully, Matt gets an opportunity with the Panthers new staff to demonstrate he has the tools they're looking for in a QB.  

Yeah, it might be a long shot, but it won't cost the team anything to give Matt an opportunity in camp.  If he succeeds, it frees up money and future picks to address other team needs.

Fingers crossed, Matt could be our next Jake Delhomme.

It would certainly would preferable if the starter was already on the roster.  But we have not been that lucky since Jake signed here.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It would certainly would preferable if the starter was already on the roster.  But we have not been that lucky since Jake signed here.

Hopefully, the Panthers organization catching a break once every 20 years or so won't displease the football gods.

The Football Gods are Angry, but Pac-12 did Right Thing | SuperWest Sports

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

Just NO NO NO NO......Soooo many posters on here have been saying I like next yrs QBs better for the last 3 years... Just stop with these retreads and get draft a rookie QB high for fugs sake. So idiotic to allow Darnold to be a QB here, he sucks.....like really bad. I feel sometimes you guys don't even watch the games at all because if you did no one would be suggesting bringing Darnold back or giving Carr any kind of contract

Bringing Darnold back may just be to use him as a backup QB only. That's not a terrible way to bring him back though there are better options. It all depends on who gets paid what to go where. We're going to need a vet QB on the roster at some point. We can't go into the season with a rookie QB from the draft and Corral. 

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. 

If Matt Corral went to Bama/Ohio St, he would have put up silly numbers, and he’d be hyped as a top 10 pick. 

Doesn't mean he, Young, Stroud end up being that kind of talent in the end, but he does things on tape that put him in that class of prospect. 

He got punished for playing through pain, getting hurt in the bowl game, and because he was a college kid who drank beer.

His question marks are his lis franc, and what every QB has to deal with; mental adjustment to the NFL. I don’t want to hear poo about his size, particularly when Young is considered so highly. 

He has all the athleticism, intangibles, and arm you want. 

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

Just NO NO NO NO......Soooo many posters on here have been saying I like next yrs QBs better for the last 3 years... Just stop with these retreads and get draft a rookie QB high for fugs sake. So idiotic to allow Darnold to be a QB here, he sucks.....like really bad. I feel sometimes you guys don't even watch the games at all because if you did no one would be suggesting bringing Darnold back or giving Carr any kind of contract

Same team this year as last with this years coaching staff is easily a 9 or 10 win team. We won 7 games with this team, and a makeshift coaching staff. We lost the first 2 games by 6 pts combined and lost to Atl on a 15 yd celebration penalty. And should have beat TB at the end of the season. And since you know so much, how long do you think this staff of future HCs and Coordinators will stay together? I guarantee not long enough to develop a rookie QB. We need a veteran QB. Develop Corral, and then decide if we need to draft a QB in the next few years. Every draft will present opportunities to get good QBs.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Hopefully, the Panthers organization catching a break once every 20 years or so won't displease the football gods.

The Football Gods are Angry, but Pac-12 did Right Thing | SuperWest Sports

Reich was a student at Reformed Theological Seminary here in Charlotte between 2003-2006.  It is not entirely unreasonable to think that the football gods may smile kindly on Reich and Panthers.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Sure, but some are more athletic than others, & like Reich said, "We all know where this is heading." 

That doesn't mean athleticism overrides the other two.  It doesn't matter how big, fast or strong they are if they aren't accurate enough or smart enough to master the position at this level.

• Pie 2