• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jalen Carter may be dropping after this

This behavior was such a stupid decision by everyone involved.  Unfortunately it was also very tragic.  Even if he somehow gets out of this with minimum legal consequences (and I do not think he should), do not see how any team could trust this guy.

Leaving the scene?????  He was drinking (my opinion)...and had no concern for his friends.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

6 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

This behavior was such a stupid decision by everyone involved.  Unfortunately it was also very tragic.  Even if he somehow gets out of this with minimum legal consequences (and I do not think he should), do not see how any team could trust this guy.

Leaving the scene?????  He was drinking (my opinion)...and had no concern for his friends.

Can he play football at an elite level? The NFL has a long history of looking the other way on pretty much anything and everything else if you can.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I saw a report the he did not have alcohol in his system at the time. How the knew that after he left the scene I do not know. Unless the officer tracked him down within a half hour of the wreck.

Alcohol stays in the system longer than that, and from what I heard on ESPN, he returned to the scene after a couple of hours. 

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Alcohol stays in the system longer than that, and from what I heard on ESPN, he returned to the scene after a couple of hours. 

I have not heard the full details about the incident so I was speculating.  I also do not watch ESPN. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

The fact that he left the scene could really be a damaging factor in the courts as well as how certain NFL Team view him in the draft.

15 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

So, what are you saying? Should he pay for the rest of his life including jail time and be banned from the NFL?

Tragic, but not something that should end his career before it even starts. People need to remember these are kids. He was probably still riding high after winning the national championship and feeling invincible, like almost all of us at that age.

Someone is going to get a hell of a player if he drops far, like Sapp back in the day or Tunsil more recently. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckWag78 said:

Tragic, but not something that should end his career before it even starts. People need to remember these are kids. He was probably still riding high after winning the national championship and feeling invincible, like almost all of us at that age.

Someone is going to get a hell of a player if he drops far, like Sapp back in the day or Tunsil more recently. 

Say we sign Carr and Jalen Carter is on the board at #9 do you take him?

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Say we sign Carr and Jalen Carter is on the board at #9 do you take him?

In that situation? Maybe. If I thought I had a good chance to get a good qb I would say hell yes.

Edited by Jon Snow

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

In that situation? Maybe. If I thought I had a good chance to get a good qb I would say hell yes.

QB is off the board if we sign Carr.

Unless you think Carr is taking a major paycut I don't see how we still take a QB. Carr would need some weapons around him.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

QB is off the board if we sign Carr.

Unless you think Carr is taking a major paycut I don't see how we still take a QB. Carr would need some weapons around him.

Carr doesn't change the future plans. He would be a now plan. Meaning they would not have to go all in to trade up. They would go bpa at 9 and if it's a qb great. It would allow them to consider another developmental qb outside of the top 3 to sit behind Carr to develop as his backup for the time being. 

2 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

The fact that he left the scene could really be a damaging factor in the courts as well as how certain NFL Team view him in the draft.

Yeah leaving the scene while your friends die in a crash you contributed to is an awful look. And that combined with his lie make it pretty likely he was hiding something. 

I’d have some serious reservations about drafting someone after that.

• Pie 1