• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Newton's tweet deserves own thread

top dawg

5 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I rather have Darnold at 15mil than Carr at 35mil

To be honest Darnold/Rookie QB doesn't sound bad. The more the days past the more I think AR is the guy they are targeting. They want to develop a QB with his skillset.

Im not mad at it.

Carr isn't gonna want to mentor anyone anyway. Darnold basically said he's cool with being a backup when he was doing podcasts a while back. Probably is cool with that Josh McCown career 

• Pie 2

Just got to watch, doesn't sound like they're super excited about giving Carr $35M. Fitt mentioned the game getting away from drop back pocket passers. Carr's biggest knock on the Raiders boards is he freaks out when the pocket breaks down and rushes check downs, doesn't really scramble. Sam actually has some wheels, AR and Hooker have the height and both are mobile. AR has a higher ceiling, Hooker would be kinda like the best of Darnold and Teddy combined, safer with the ball than Darnold, stronger arm and better runner than Teddy

20 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I expect that to be a big part of the discussion.

Fitterer mentioned that if you really like a quarterback, you need to go get him.

But then also said that if you're going to make that kind of commitment to a quarterback, you absolutely need to have conviction on him, not just general belief.

So like I said, I think those discussions happen over this weekend and next week becomes "sh-t or get off the pot" time in regards to Carr.

IF we get Carr, I hope that we don't go after a QB at #9. We have too many holes to have the top FA QB, one of the top draft QB's and a drafted QB from last year that never played a snap of meaningful football. Way too many resources tied up ay 1 position even if it is the most important position.

On 3/1/2023 at 3:15 PM, TLGPanthersFan said:

If we do sign Carr our defense is gonna need to show out and the offensive line is gonna have to play the best it ever has. 
Because Carr ain’t gonna scramble and create opportunities.

I am looking toward the future and I don’t see any Super Bowls with Carr at QB. 

Don't look now but you just made an indirect compliment about your sworn enemy Sam Darnold.  😂

Edited by glenwo2

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Just say what you have to say in a nice way.

Just for some posters, I had to make it a rule to stick to panthers/NFL. Plus a couple of posters have fewer rules than others, very unfair to see a thread made at the similar times and early one gets lock'd........ Just need to finish before I even get my high blood pressure higher, hate hypocrites. Let Travis "thee rock" kelce end this before i get caught up....

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Just for some posters, I had to make it a rule to stick to panthers/NFL. Plus a couple of posters have fewer rules than others, very unfair to see a thread made at the similar times and early one gets lock'd........ Just need to finish before I even get my high blood pressure higher, hate hypocrites. Let Travis "thee rock" kelce end this before i get caught up....

I know the feeling. 

• Beer 1

On 3/1/2023 at 1:19 PM, top dawg said:

Huddlers seem to be zeroing in on the David Carr or Sam Darnold parts of David Newton's tweet, but neither one bothers me. It's always been about value as far as I'm concerned. 

David Tepper emphasized that we needed to be smarter with our resources. I don't believe that we're going to win any Carr battle based on that alone, and we may not end up with Darnold if the market gets too stupid, but it's all about the money, and I could see Darnold being a better value than Carr in their respective roles (one a starter, and one a bridge starter or legit backup). 

All that being said, we are obviously surveying the scrap heap for possible treasure---you know, the "one man's thrash thing, giving serious thought to the draft prospects of course, and keeping Matt Corral in our hearts and minds. 

Some may not like the tweet, and hope that Newton is full of poo, but it's actually music to my ears. 

And one more thing: Gardner Minshew, come on down!

We need to bring back 

Or at least get a mid-level reporter to cover the Panthers

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you're referring to the Richardson thread...

...and it ultimately was fixed.

Its among many others, I still remember Jeremy locking threads only to start his own......same as the one lock'd. That was during the "IF YOU START A THREAD :< THE TITLE NEEDS TO BE PERFECT1!!!!1!" Of course like many of the rules, got enforced then gotten about shortly after.