• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2023 Draft general

Verge

5 hours ago, Raleigh PF said:

@Vergehow do you see the Bears playing this out? If I were the Bears GM, I would try to trade down first with Houston, then with Indy, collecting as many picks along the way as I could.

And, what do you see the Panthers having to give up to get to #3? Has Arizona indicated they are willing to trade back to 9?

The Bears have more leverage having Houston right behind them. Why would IND move up to #2? They would be spending resources to get the same guy.

Edited by Evil Hurney

52 minutes ago, Verge said:

I see the Bears fleecing someone before FA. Pay the premium to make it happen before then. My sense is that Indi obviously has the best shot of moving up and our ideal spot is Arizona. If we land on being okay with the top three guys it makes sense for us to move to three and let one of them land on us. 

Saw Vegas odds updated today 

• Pie 1

On 3/7/2023 at 2:04 PM, Verge said:

I am still doing reports on some of these guys but 

Off ball LB: 
1. Drew Sanders 
2. Trenton Simpson 
3. Daiyan Henley 
4. Henry To'o To'o
5. Noah Sewell 

Did you see anything with Jack Campbell that made you drop him below all of these guys? Also, if Evero wants to blitz a lot then it seems like we'll need some guys with pass-rush juice. I see it with Sanders; have you seen it with anyone else? I've heard Nick Herbig might be an edge-to-linebacker conversion but don't know who else might fit.

9 hours ago, Verge said:

I don't believe that is true from my understanding. I think they are big on Young and Stroud. I am not entirely sure of their opinion on Richardson yet but I am going to do some digging. 

If it's Stroud and young i just feel you gotta go to number 1. Unless the texans are serious about signing a jimmy garoppolo and passing on a QB..you can then work a trade to number 2 maybe. But number 3 you are just settling for a guy with a lot of questions. I strongly believe bears arent keeping pick. 

@Verge

What are your thoughts/the thoughts of your contemporaries on Tanner McKee?

Seemed to be getting some hype pre-combine but that seems to have gone completely silent. 

He is strictly a pocket passer but has a cannon for an arm. Wondering if the lack of mobility or his history of cancer is getting him dinged down boards.

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

@Verge

What are your thoughts/the thoughts of your contemporaries on Tanner McKee?

Seemed to be getting some hype pre-combine but that seems to have gone completely silent. 

He is strictly a pocket passer but has a cannon for an arm. Wondering if the lack of mobility or his history of cancer is getting him dinged down boards.

I think he could go in the early 3rd. Has some real nice tools. Will stick in the league for a while.