• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post-combine poll - Who do you want?

NAS

What QB should be #1 on Panthers draft board?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What QB should be #1 on Panthers draft board?

Irrespective of our current draft position, or whether it's realistic to move up to #3 or #1,  who should be the first QB on the Panthers draft board after the Combine?

For me, it's still CJ Stroud!

As impressive as Anthony Richardson was as a physical athletic specimen, and he does have a strong arm.  I think CJ Stroud was easily the most impressive of any QBs. He showed a lively arm, with tight spirals, quick release and accuracy.  His deep ball was on point too.  

What say you?  

Edited by NAS

I'd take a flier on Hooker and stay at #9. I totally think that if Hendon didn't tear his ACL, he'd be right there in the conversation with the other four QBs. To clarify, that is take Hooker with one of the 2nd round picks, not at #9.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I'd take a flier on Hooker and stay at #9. I totally think that if Hendon didn't tear his ACL, he'd be right there in the conversation with the other four QBs. 

You think he should be #1 on the board even if others are hypothetically available at #9?

Just now, NAS said:

You think he should be #1 on the board even if others are hypothetically available at #9?

Depends who is remaining.  Over Richardson, possibly, because he's so underdeveloped.  No, I would not take Hooker at #9 even if they have him higher than AR. At #40, sure.  He will not be ready until late camp despite hoping to be ready by camp open. When I say ready, meaning no restrictions.  I doubt a medical team will fully clear him in the next four months.

Just now, jayboogieman said:

The same as before the draft, Young. He's the most skilled/complete QB in the draft despite the size concerns.

He's a baller for sure.  Size is the only thing that gives me pause due to higher potential of injury

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, NAS said:

He's a baller for sure.  Size is the only thing that gives me pause due to higher potential of injury

His size should give people pause for the same reason that in college you can be more athletically gifted than 99% of your peers, but the NFL is the cream of the crop so college fast doesn’t = NFL fast. College defenses, even at their best, will rarely have more than 2 1-3rd round prospects, in the NFL those defenses are full of athletic guys that play faster, hit harder and process info better. Young will inevitably take a couple shots to his sub 200 lbs body, the question is can he absorb playing the Georgia defense 17 weeks a season or is his body only ready to take hits from Vanderbilt ladyboys?

53 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I'd take a flier on Hooker and stay at #9. I totally think that if Hendon didn't tear his ACL, he'd be right there in the conversation with the other four QBs. To clarify, that is take Hooker with one of the 2nd round picks, not at #9.

It's not my top move, and I doubt really happens but it's a different scenario to consider.  Smith-Njigba is definitely trending towards a top-10 pick and would be a pretty dope tandem with DJ Moore.  Only issue is how we attack the vet route.  I just can't do Darnold again (and doubt the new staff would) if Hooker is this late 1st/early R2 pick a la Lamar, Hurts, Derek, etc.

That being said, I'm heavily favoring a Stroud, then Young, then Richardson.  

• Pie 1