• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Lamar Jackson is available as Raven's have placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on him.

thunderraiden

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You gotta give up two 1st rounders PLUS offer a contract the Ravens are unwilling to match. Even if you hammer out a deal with Lamar the Ravens can simply step in and say, "Hey, thanks for doing the negotiations for us. We'll do that deal."

That's how the nonexclusive tag works. 

• Pie 6

Don't know if it will happen. But if with we willing to go all-in on Air Thruster, this is no logical reason we don't vet this out.

I wasn't a believer in Lamar for several years. But he earned his MVP, and is a much better passer than a lot of people want to give him credit for.

This offensive line with Lamar would strike fear in the hearts of defensive coordinators like we haven't seen since in over 5 seasons when Cam was still in his prime

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Lamar doesn't have the market that fans want to imagine he's got. He's a run-first quarterback who's been plagued by injuries and is expected a fully guaranteed salary. 

You might be correct.

Peter King said this in his latest column...

If a team wants Jackson, it’s disguising its intentions well. I couldn’t find legit evidence of one in Indianapolis, talking to GMs and coaches and other club officials. There may be one (Jets? Falcons?) but I couldn’t find it. 

1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

Don't know if it will happen. But if with we willing to go all-in on Air Thruster, this is no logical reason we don't vet this out.

That's the thing though. We weren't.

When Watson wanted a fully guaranteed contract, we said no.

Jackson wants a fully guaranteed contract too, and for more money than Watson did.

• Pie 1

Just now, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

Genius move by Ravens FO. Pay him less than what he wanted and see his market value. If not they take the 2 firsts n flip that into a young QB coming out this year. Honestly they probably praying for the latter at this point 

I get the impression they do as well. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's the thing though. We weren't.

When Watson wanted a fully guaranteed contract, we said no.

Jackson wants a fully guaranteed contract too, and for more money than Watson did.

Perhaps Tepper was not willing to give a fully guaranteed deal to Watson because of his....proclivities?  Jackson by all accounts seems to be a model citizen.  No 2 situations are the same.  Not saying we WILL do that, but you never know. 

He’s a good passer and great runner but having to give a quarter of our cap to him AND spend two firsts is a deal breaker. If it was two or three firsts with a rookie deal, sure. A quarter of the cap on a free agent, sure. No to both. Especially one with injury concerns. 

• Pie 5

Just now, joemac said:

Perhaps Tepper was not willing to give a fully guaranteed deal to Watson because of his....proclivities?  Jackson by all accounts seems to be a model citizen.  No 2 situations are the same.  Not saying we WILL do that, but you never know. 

Jackson's arguably got a bigger problem. He's been injured a lot.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Best believe Tepper and Fitt are all over this though. Reich probably has a lot of respect for Lamar as a player and Josh McCown probably has a crush as well. I'd love to hear Everos honest assessment of Lamar's game as a DC.

If I was Fitt and Evero was scared of his game than I'm calling Tepper to get the bag of cash ready. 

2 minutes ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

Best believe Tepper and Fitt are all over this though. Reich probably has a lot of respect for Lamar as a player and Josh McCown probably has a crush as well. I'd love to hear Everos honest assessment of Lamar's game as a DC.

If I was Fitt and Evero was scared of his game than I'm calling Tepper to get the bag of cash ready. 

Fitterer has stated repeatedly that he prefers the 'draft and develop' route, so I wouldn't necessarily bet on that.

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

I would rather have CJ for 3 1st on a rookie contract than LJ for 2 1st and a league leading contract. 

Yep.

LJ is on the back end of his career. He’s just not the kind of player that has longevity.