• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Lamar Jackson is available as Raven's have placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on him.

thunderraiden

4 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

As would I BUT we might not be able to get to 1. It won’t be for a lack of trying I can assure you of that. 

So now would you rather have LJ for 2 1st’s and a contract OR trade up to 2 or 3 in the draft for multiple 1’s and your second or third choice at QB?

Yeah thats a tough decision... If I knew Im not getting CJ then Im not making that trade and letting AR15 hopefully fall to me. 

5 minutes ago, joemac said:

In other QB news - the Giants just paid Daniel Jones 4 years 160 mil, with another 35 available in incentives.  Jesus Christ All Mighty.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen an NFL team do. Imagine declining to pickup a guy's 5th year option and then after seeing him throw for only 3200 yards and 15 TDs deciding to give him that contract. LOLOLOLOL 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

Yeah thats a tough decision... If I knew Im not getting CJ then Im not making that trade and letting AR15 hopefully fall to me. 

But Fitterer isn’t in a position to sit and hope someone falls to him that’s the problem here 

This whole things is a mess… again

• Beer 1

We trade for Lamar we are the favorites to win the NFC.

Dude was in the AFC against those elite QB's and still won 75% of his games and did it with no weapons around him besides a TE.

You're crazy if you don't think Lamar would be the best QB in the NFC. He's proven. Whatever teams gets him just became a contender overnight.

• Pie 5

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pretty disingenuous to blame Cam's playing style for his injuries when both of his shoulder injuries happened on pocket passing plays.

True, but even the little hits from running add up. If you keep getting nicked for 1 HP damage on Run plays then you aren't going into the fight with a full pool of health in the passing game. Sooner or later you fail a saving throw and go down. 

12 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

The 2 first round is not the problem is the ridiculous fully guaranteed contract.

If Lamar would take something like 2 years 100 mill I think plenty of teams would want him 

We don't have to offer him the fully guaranteed contract.

Why do you guys keep saying this. That's what his agent is saying to keep the price high. Doesn't mean he's not going to take a deal with lesser guaranteed money.

Offer him 190 mil guaranteed. That's much more than what the Ravens offered him 133 mil guaranteed. Don't overthink this people. Lamar is not saying pay me Watson or I won't play. He's saying give me something close to that.

10 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

The 2 first round is not the problem is the ridiculous fully guaranteed contract.

If Lamar would take something like 2 years 100 mill I think plenty of teams would want him 

Exactly.  The draft capital is absolutely nothing for a player of Lamar's caliber.

The contract demands, especially the guaranteed part, should give anyone pause.

That being said, I'm still of the opinion that trading for Lamar is no more risky than drafting Young, Stroud, or Richardson.

I trust the current coaching staff to make the right call- I'm glad I don't have to make it.

And I will say this, after screwing around with Deshaun Watson and not resigning Hasson Reddick or Stephon Gilmore, they need to make a decision in whatever direction so that FA is not impacted by this.