• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Lamar Jackson is available as Raven's have placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on him.

thunderraiden

54 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

They have been killing us and Atlanta this morning about not offering Lamar a contract. Basically called us losers because we aren't trying to sign a QB who wins.

Even if you don't like Lamar, why are we not even offering a contract?

We don't have to offer him the Watson contract. Offer him the Kyler Murray contract. I just don't understand how Tepper went all out for Watson but he's not even interested in Lamar who has a better resume.

No one worth their salt at any front office position for any professional sports team cares what “they” say.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

No one worth their salt at any front office position for any professional sports team cares what “they” say.

I do because they seem to be right.

We have gone downhill since we last actually had a franchise QB.

If Tepper likes losing then keep signing the Darnold's/Mayfield's/Bridgewater's of the league and see how that works out for us.

I know im annoying some people because im defending Lamar "the player". You can question his contract cool. But you can't question his talent as a QB. He's a true franchise QB that can't be debated.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If Tepper likes losing then keep signing the Darnold's/Mayfield's/Bridgewater's of the league and see how that works out for us.

I know im annoying some people because im defending Lamar "the player". You can question his contract cool. But you can't question his talent as a QB. He's a true franchise QB that can't be debated.

Lamar has missed 10 regular season games in the past two seasons at the most critical time.

His playing style means he most likely won’t have a long career.

He would be worth looking at if his contract was reasonable AND we didn’t have to give up 2 1st rounders to get him.

The draft picks are a killer.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Actually it can be debated. His injuries are a legitimate concern. How does he fit into your offense can be questioned. His talent as a QB absolutely need to be questioned. How signing him allows you to build a team around him can be questioned. All of these and much more factor into whether or not he can be OUR franchise QB. 

Contrary to what you keep repeating. LJ did not win 75% of his games. His team won 75% of the games in which he played. How much he was directly responsible for those wins or losses is a completely different statistical analysis. 

Remember, Payton Manning had one of the worst games by a QB in SB history and still won (with some ref help). Denver's defense dominated and he got the win. It's a total team that wins, not just the one with the flashiest superstar. 

6 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Lamar has missed 10 regular season games in the past two seasons at the most critical time.

His playing style means he most likely won’t have a long career.

He would be worth looking at if his contract was reasonable AND we didn’t have to give up 2 1st rounders to get him.

The draft picks are a killer.

Some people said he could have played at the end of the season but he sat out to protect his bag. I can see that being true.

If true that 10 games is more like 6 games. Is 6 games enough for us to call a guy injury prone?

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Actually it can be debated. His injuries are a legitimate concern. How does he fit into your offense can be questioned. His talent as a QB absolutely need to be questioned. How signing him allows you to build a team around him can be questioned. All of these and much more factor into whether or not he can be OUR franchise QB. 

Contrary to what you keep repeating. LJ did not win 75% of his games. His team won 75% of the games in which he played. How much he was directly responsible for those wins or losses is a completely different statistical analysis. 

Remember, Payton Manning had one of the worst games by a QB in SB history and still won (with some ref help). Denver's defense dominated and he got the win. It's a total team that wins, not just the one with the flashiest superstar. 

Im repeating facts my man. I can't help that's his resume.

Injuries happen. It's also been reported he could have played this past season but he sat out to protect his bag. So in reality we judging this guy off 6 games of being injured.

Is 6 games enough to call a player injury prone?

Guy hasn't even missed a full season yet of games. He's not injury prone. Once again a running QB gets compared to Cam Newton because he gets injured. They trying to do the same thing to Josh Allen. Cam career was done when Watt landed on his shoulder. Not because of hits. It was a freak injury.

Now Cam Newton has become the poster boy for running QB's not having long careers.

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Some people said he could have played at the end of the season but he sat out to protect his bag. I can see that being true.

If true that 10 games is more like 6 games. Is 6 games enough for us to call a guy injury prone?

If he sat to protect his bag as you put then I can see why teams are not interested.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

That just makes it worse. 

Speak for yourself.

I would have done the same thing. Did you not learn from Dak Prescott?

Yeah he got paid, but it took a year off of his career and he hasn't been the same player since that injury.

Tua concussions...

This is a dangerous game. Im protecting the bag in that situation.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If he sat to protect his bag as you put then I can see why teams are not interested.  

Collusion...

Turn on your tv it's the main discussion. All I see is sports analysts asking why are teams not offering him a contract.

Sorry if you don't get it.