• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's talk about the Will Levis hate

GOAT

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Apparently Nick Saban has now entered the chat.

Recently, while talking up Bryce Young, he made a statement about larger quarterbacks with lesser skills that's being perceived as a shot at Anthony Richardson.

The article featuring the original quote is here:

To be clear, he doesn't mention any names. The physical description does fit Richardson but it could also be kinda generic.

In the wake of Richardson's Combine performance though, this is how people are taking it.

These quotes feel like they can fit both Richardson and Levis tbh. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, stan786 said:

These quotes feel like they can fit both Richardson and Levis tbh. 

The perception that it's a shot at Richardson is because of his Combine hype. And yeah, Richardson is being hyped up way more than Levis right now.

I don't know that it's directed at either of them though. When I read the description, it just sounds like a generic, hypothetical quarterback.

(my guess would be that if Saban is asked about these comments, that's probably what he'll say)

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, stan786 said:

It’s true but the same mental issues pop up in 2021 a lot which is the disheartening part.

The Panthers have an excellent resource on that front in Thomas Brown's connection to Liam Coen.

I'd be willing to bet that conversation has already taken place, but if not I'm sure it will.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Gotta say, I'm surprised this is all you have to say in here!  Was probs the most interested to see your response given the nature of the thread.  

It’s been a hell week at work and it’s my birthday. Haven’t Had a chance to really dive in. Plus I eat up a lot of space in these threads… need to give people a chance. Haha

I’ll be coming in hot next week while I’m off work all week.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

It’s been a hell week at work and it’s my birthday. Haven’t Had a chance to really dive in. Plus I eat up a lot of space in these threads… need to give people a chance. Haha

Bring the heat! I wanna see what you're seeing with him so I can be hyped if he's the pick.  You offer good counter perspective. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It’s been a hell week at work and it’s my birthday. Haven’t Had a chance to really dive in. Plus I eat up a lot of space in these threads… 

I always saw you as more of a 3-tech than a true 0-tech 😐

(happy birthday; mine is this month also)

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Happy Birthday!

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Bring the heat! I wanna see what you're seeing with him so I can be hyped if he's the pick.  You offer good counter perspective. 

I hope to do an indepth breakdown next week with screens and descriptions. As an example for those on here who are saying that Levis can't read the field:image.thumb.png.bf6506029ebe2bb7b4aa39a557093527.png

As JTS calls out here, WL is already making this throw before the reciever even makes his cut. He sees that the defense is running a C3-Cloud Zone coverage which leaves the middle of the field open with how the SS has his back turned to the hash marks. 

3 easy reads from this single play:
1. WL can read a defense
2. WL can throw to an anticpated player being open
3. WL's footwork has drasticaly improved but still needs work from this screen. Hopefully it continues.

Sure, you can say : it's just one play. However, if you can do it one play you can do it every play with the right coaching. This is why Reich is rumored to be about WL. He knows he can coach him. Im sure McCown thinks it too.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I always saw you as more of a 3-tech than a true 0-tech 😐

(happy birthday; mine is this month also)

Mine is the 29th of March.  I apologize in advance for the blocked roads and traffic, but the people need their parade.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Happy Birthday GIF

Mine is the 24th, wife's was the 4th.  March birthdays are just superior!

• Pie 2

20 hours ago, frankw said:

The jimmies will be rustled. That does sound like someone else we know.

Anthony Richardson says hello and hes loved and overrated by the media and the huddle based on 2 of those 3 things.  Levis had good tape last season with a different OC.  Its silly for people to boil everything down to race.

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Happy birthday, Casillas.  Enjoy your week off work.  I have one coming up in a month, and I may survive until then.

• Pie 1