• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We’re trading for #1 pick !!!

Mr. Scot

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Because the wrong quarterback will be chosen. The team traded to 1 to get a player available at 7 (Levis or Richardson).

Please!!! Give the Panthers credit for being better talent evaluators than that. Levis and Richardson, for various reasons, will be the 3rd and 4th QB's selected in the 2023 NFL Draft.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, RJK said:

Exactly. These bozos are acting like they blew up a winning roster with championship aspirations 

This is so much better than the lunacy brewing down in New Orleans, where they are further screwing themselves long-term to run it back with a bunch of old and injured players and Derek Carr, with the upside of maybe winning a down division.

This is a move to set this franchise up for the next decade.  If it doesn't work, of course it will be a setback but the upside with this approach is so, so much better.

Losing DJ hurts next year, but having a QB on a rookie deal makes all the other draft capital meaningless b/c the team will have a lot of cap space for the next 4+ years.

This is about potentially setting the team up to being a SB contender, not screwing around with the constant retreads anymore.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

I feel your frustration. The video 89 put up made me feel a little better. I'm wait and see mode. They gotta do big things with the playmakers now.

I cannot trust Shitterer at all, and props to the incels who are lapping up another hollow Tepper “win.”

He will do the “Draft Day” move of dealing away his best player to move up and draft someone he could’ve had without moving. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Sure it is. Until you consider what was traded away, and the inability of the GM and owner to pick the right QB, or even the second-most right QB. 

Youre high if you think Tepper has more say on this than Reich. 

any of those top 4 guys sell tickets this upcoming season tepper doesn’t care. Reich is making this pick 

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

Panthers could have made that trade for either of those in 2020. 

I'm really trying not to insult your intelligence on something like this, but can you maybe grasp that the other team has to agree to that sort of trade? Like oh the Panthers should've just forced the Bengals WHO ARE ALSO WANTING A QB trade us the number one pick so we could draft Burrow? Really? Play a lot of Madden or something?

Do you live in the past about everything in life? Can't rewind the past. The Panthers just traded up to the first pick for THIS YEARS DRAFT.

Wake up.

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

I cannot trust Shitterer at all, and props to the incels who are lapping up another hollow Tepper “win.”

He will do the “Draft Day” move of dealing away his best player to move up and draft someone he could’ve had without moving. 

I really think if you draft a letter to Tepper given all your past successes according to yourself, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't fire both Scott Fitterer and Dan Morgan to bring you in to turn things around

• Pie 4

Just now, Seltzer said:

I really think if you draft a letter to Tepper given all your past successes according to yourself, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't fire both Scott Fitterer and Dan Morgan to bring you in to turn things around

It amuses me how I’ll say something, get flamed for it and told I couldn’t be smarter than X, be right, then the cycle begins anew. 

• Beer 1

Look, rookie QBs usually have a rough first year anyway ... we weren't going to go all the way with him and Moore. If the pick pans out ... we have his entire career to give him weapons at WR. People need to think about the future. If we get the franchise QB we're sitting better than a hell of a lot of teams.

In the meantime ... FA WRs out there:

Adam Thielen

DJ Chark

Odell Beckham

Jakobi Meyers

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Mecole Hardman

Darius Slayton

I think it's all going to be just fine. And we ALL know which WR will be in the Draft next season! Maybe if we take our lumps we could have Stroud throwing to Marvin Harrison Jr.

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Bro, we dont know either way. 

I dont like the fact that DJ was in it, but if stroud is the guy, small price. 

Yes it can get waaay worse, but this isnt moron matt playing CEO. Its the best group of offense minds panthers have combine in their 27 year history. Seems they are sold on a player. 

• Pie 2