• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So D.J gone..need WR's badly

Jmac

18 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Did he not recover?

I haven't paid attention after the injury. He looked damn good before the injury though.

For the first time in many moons, I passed on fantasy football. Hes was a sleeper for me and I thought had the making of a solid #1. I dont believe he and russ got along(like many others), I think finesser has to look at trading for some WR help. The draft has a bunch of 2-3 ish types, no DJ equal at all. 

ESPN/538 just released a list of the best NFL WRs according to analytics…granted it’s based on last year but DJ is WAY DOWN the list…I’m not saying he sucks by no means but go down this list and say to yourself would you rather have the WR listed or DJ?

I think most would be surprised …

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nfl-receiver-rankings/

• Flames 1

Just now, RJK said:

I didn’t want d-hop before because he’s running on empty but it seems like a foregone conclusion at this point. Good vet for a rookie QB to lean on. 100% do not want OBJ around stroud/young 

???? He had 717 yards (led the Cards), 64 catches on 90 targets (both 2nd on the Cards) and 3rec TDs (T-2nd on the team) in 9 games last year.  Questioning his durability? Sure absolutely. Wouldn't give up more than a 4th. But there's nothing to support he's running out of gas.

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

For the first time in many moons, I passed on fantasy football. Hes was a sleeper for me and I thought had the making of a solid #1. I dont believe he and russ got along(like many others), I think finesser has to look at trading for some WR help. The draft has a bunch of 2-3 ish types, no DJ equal at all. 

Thoughts on trading for Hopkins?

Just now, Rags said:

???? He had 717 yards (led the Cards), 64 catches on 90 targets (both 2nd on the Cards) and 3rec TDs (T-2nd on the team) in 9 games last year.  Questioning his durability? Sure absolutely. Wouldn't give up more than a 4th. But there's nothing to support he's running out of gas.

Yeah not sure where the Hopkins is washed talk coming from.

He easily has top 5 WR stats if he plays all season.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah not sure where the Hopkins is washed talk coming from.

He easily has top 5 WR stats if he plays all season.

I think it's because of the whole PED suspension thing but dude came back and did better than Hollywood w/ Worse QBs.

4 minutes ago, coffee said:

I'm actually more concerned about getting a catching TE and RB.  I think the best help we give our new QB is not one star receiver but rather the ability to spread it around.

Diversity certainly helps.  A well rounded cast.  See Trevor this year in Jacksonville.   

we need RB, TE and WR help

11 minutes ago, Rags said:

He can’t stay healthy and is over 30. I’d be surprised if he plays 2 more years tbh. I’d be all for him coming here just to be clear as long as it’s a 3rd or later 

Edited by RJK

5 minutes ago, RJK said:

He can’t stay healthy and is over 30. I’d be surprised if he plays 2 more years tbh 

Sure, I agree his knee is a concern. But he's a WR, not a HB. Good ones can play over 30 pretty regularly. And I emphasize good, it's not just limited to the greats. 

Hopkins missed only  wo games last year because of injury, the other 7 due to suspension. In 2021 he had a hammy injury that cost him 3 games before tearing his MCL, missing the last 4.

Even if he only plays two more years, I don't see why he's not worth at most a 4th for a team that is now WR hungry.

Edited by Rags