• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's fuggin goooooooo!!!

Zod

Well, if Stroud sucks, which he probably won't, we are screwed for at least 6 years. We also now get to draft a number one QB with Terrace Marshall amd Shi Smith as our top receivers which means we hopefully go out and draft Mimms or Dell. 

Which means we neglect our defense which is transitioning to a 3-4. 

I would love to love this but man, that's a lot to give up for a team who isn't particularly close to a Super Bowl, and now we don't have a 1st pick next year either.

Trading up in the Top 10 for a QB hasn't worked in probably 15 years and we are bereft of any talent on offense outside of the offensive line. Who wasn't particularly good at pass blocking last year. 

So we either have to hit in free agency, which, unless you're just getting retread veterans, is usually more expensive than the value you receive in return. 

Stroud seems a bit like Patrick Mahomes to me, in a lot of ways. His size, his movement, his arm strength and off platform throws, his demeanor, etc. But if we traded up for Levis, with everything else we are missing, it's going to be a shitshow. That's some Trubisky or Josh Rosen level dumbassery. 

I hope Fitterer has a plan because we have now created yet another hole by trading Moore. Plus, if we suck next year, the Bears get a very high pick again while they are slowly building into what could be a juggernaut if they hit in the draft. And they are in the NFC. 

So I don't love it. I'd have rather traded down and filled out the talent base of the team, then sucked for Maye or Caleb Williams. But hey, I'm not Tepper who is only in this for the money.

Put me down as skeptical that this works out the way we want. Too much given up on a team with too many holes. If Stroud turns out to be a Mahomes type, it could work as the Chiefs just won a Super Bowl playing 9 rookies. But, if not, I just hope it doesn't take until Strouds 2nd contract for us to be able to get competitive.

29 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Well, if Stroud sucks, which he probably won't, we are screwed for at least 6 years. We also now get to draft a number one QB with Terrace Marshall amd Shi Smith as our top receivers which means we hopefully go out and draft Mimms or Dell. 

Which means we neglect our defense which is transitioning to a 3-4. 

I would love to love this but man, that's a lot to give up for a team who isn't particularly close to a Super Bowl, and now we don't have a 1st pick next year either.

Trading up in the Top 10 for a QB hasn't worked in probably 15 years and we are bereft of any talent on offense outside of the offensive line. Who wasn't particularly good at pass blocking last year. 

So we either have to hit in free agency, which, unless you're just getting retread veterans, is usually more expensive than the value you receive in return. 

Stroud seems a bit like Patrick Mahomes to me, in a lot of ways. His size, his movement, his arm strength and off platform throws, his demeanor, etc. But if we traded up for Levis, with everything else we are missing, it's going to be a shitshow. That's some Trubisky or Josh Rosen level dumbassery. 

I hope Fitterer has a plan because we have now created yet another hole by trading Moore. Plus, if we suck next year, the Bears get a very high pick again while they are slowly building into what could be a juggernaut if they hit in the draft. And they are in the NFC. 

So I don't love it. I'd have rather traded down and filled out the talent base of the team, then sucked for Maye or Caleb Williams. But hey, I'm not Tepper who is only in this for the money.

Put me down as skeptical that this works out the way we want. Too much given up on a team with too many holes. If Stroud turns out to be a Mahomes type, it could work as the Chiefs just won a Super Bowl playing 9 rookies. But, if not, I just hope it doesn't take until Strouds 2nd contract for us to be able to get competitive.

All valid points but what’s the alternative? Hope someone falls to 9? Roll with Darnold? Sign Rogers for $50 mill?

All the options suck in some way. 

• Pie 2