• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Confused Why Some Seem to Think We Got Fleeced

Daddy_Uncle

9 hours ago, bandu said:

because it's the closest example not only timewise but very  comparable situation on the offensive side of the ball where there in Jacksonville during Lawrence's rookie season & even still now he like in Carolina this year had or  let's say is going to have similar circumstances on the offensive side of the ball where neither one of the teams had or is going to have hardly any real weapons per say  on the offensive side of the ball . 

All QB's react different to different situations.

We may not have the weapons but we have a solid Oline and a good young defense. Are you saying we will be a bad team?

5 minutes ago, Chosen Newton said:

I mean we're trying to trade back shows we're having buyers remorse...

Nope. It just shows we're exploring all options.

2 minutes ago, Chosen Newton said:

Cuz next years first is also a top 5 pick with the state of our roster. So yes we have up a lot and bears got a lot only to move back 8 spots

Our roster for this season is far from finished. Way too early to know any of that.

4 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Yeah, I was with him until the Burns trade scenario. Not sure I'm onboard with all that. But if Fitts could pull Hopkins and Thielen... and throw in a receiving TE.

A young QB would be in pretty good shape for the next 2 years. 

Everyone keeps saying we need a second corner.  Did Donte Jackson get traded or something?

2 hours ago, Chosen Newton said:

I mean we're trying to trade back shows we're having buyers remorse...

2 hours ago, Chosen Newton said:

Cuz next years first is also a top 5 pick with the state of our roster. So yes we have up a lot and bears got a lot only to move back 8 spots

Both of those statements are called a “false dilemma”. 

• Beer 1

My thoughts on the DJ Moore trade as it pertains to Scott Fitterer is basically that bit on Robot Chicken where Ang Lee is talking about how The Hulk surely won't be a giant flop that ruins his career. I hope Scott is the GM some folks here believe him to be.

On 3/11/2023 at 6:29 AM, Smithers said:

We stole that pick.  Also love that the other 2nd was 2025 and not next years

A lot of casual fans especially from other teams didn't even realize/research that we had two 2nd round picks this year

Even A lot of panther fans on social media think it's too much of a gamble or bad trade. It's crazy how divided it seems even if most of us on the huddle think it's a good move.

I mostly chalk it up to emotional responses to losing DJ. That's where the brunt of the really vocal complaints are coming from.

Other than that you really can't bitch about the picks we gave its standard fair for that level of trade up and onlu 1 additional first... we still have the majority of our draft picks for the next 2 drafts 🙄 we're missing one pick from both thats not the end of the fuging universe 

It's almost useless trying to argue with them too. They wont stop moaning unless the qb we pick is good and we have a good season. 

6 hours ago, rayzor said:

Who the fug says we're trying to trade back?

Probably people going off those tweets that say panthers are still open to trade down and comfortable with multiple qbs

There's ALOT of panther fans talking about this in general. And it's not going to stop until draft day

Trade down would be stupid imo because there's no way we could recoup what we gave up to move up. And if we got close to doing that we'd probably be SoL in terms of getting a top 2 QB which means that  initial trade up to 1 was kinda stupid and pointless (could've traded up to 3 for a lot cheaper for example).

Edited by Hoenheim