• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you ask from Houston?

Mr. Scot

Discussed this a little yesterday but wanna put a slightly different spin on it...

If you're okay with either of two choices and the Texans want to talk about trading up to the top pick to ensure they get the guy they most covet, you then have an opportunity to gain an additional pick (or picks) while still getting your guy as well.

So if Houston enters into that discussion, what are you asking in return? Options would include the #12 overall pick the Texans got from the Browns, their second rounder (#34 overall) , their first rounder in 2024, etc.

What would you ask for?

What could you settle for?

The best we could probably hope for would be #34. Realistically I’d take a 3rd. Wouldn’t do the trade at all of they were targeting our #1 (hopefully Stroud) and that would make us take our 1b. If we’re dropping to 2 and getting Stroud regardless, then honestly I’d take anything, it’d be a freebie. 

• Pie 1

It's weird.  I feel like you only trade to #1 if there is one specific guy you actually covet.  So I think our FO and staff know exactly who they want and who they traded up there for.  So, that's where I disagree with Person here...  I don't think they traded there with the idea they like "more than one."  They traded for THE ONE they like.  Now, that being said, I only see us trading back if we have solid Intel that the Texans aren't interested in the guy we want.  If that is the case, I'm taking that 12th pick and running Zay Flowers or Hyatt's card up to the podium.  No hesitation.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You are sacrificing your chance to choose the first qb and quite possibly the one you wanted. That's a big something that is being ignored. To hell with extra picks. Don't overthink this.

Who cares what spot they were taken if you think they're both franchise quarterbacks?

Getting a franchise quarterback is great. Getting a franchise quarterback and another great player is better.

• Pie 2

Just now, Proudiddy said:

It's weird.  I feel like you only trade to #1 if there is one specific guy you actually covet.  So I think our FO and staff know exactly who they want and who they traded up there for.  So, that's where I disagree with Person here...  I don't think they traded there with the idea they like "more than one."  They traded for THE ONE they like.  Now, that being said, I only see us trading back if we have solid Intel that the Texans aren't interested in the guy we want.  If that is the case, I'm taking that 12th pick and running Zay Flowers or Hyatt's card up to the podium.  No hesitation.

It's not his opinion. Person's getting it from a team source (others have said the same).

Mind you, that's now. If, after they've gone through the full pre-draft process they only like one, then the situation changes.

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Who cares what spot they were taken if you think they're both franchise quarterbacks?

Getting a franchise quarterback is great. Getting a franchise quarterback and another great player is better.

How do you know Huston would not trade back out of the 1st? How do you know they have 2 they would be happy with?  They will have only one that they will choose when it comes time. Everyone is speculating there are a couple to cover their ass for when their predictions are wrong.

• Pie 3