• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Size bros, I did some research and you're correct. Here's some stats about this year's QB class

jayboogieman

9 minutes ago, Shocker said:

It doesn’t bother you at all how scripted Strouds offense was?  Outside of the Georgia game, he literally had no pocket pressure in career.  His WRs ran wide open most of his career.  He failed in big games BTW.  He was good vs Georgia but so was Young.  

Young also played incredible against many more teams than Stroud and WON much of the time.  Give me an SEC guy over a scripted Ohio St QB any day

No it doesn’t bother me how scripted the OSU offense was at times. Young’s teams and coaching staffs were better than Strouds. I’ve seen plays where Young has 6+ seconds to throw. Bama has much more talent on defense than OSU. 

Young has had bad games too. He sucked against Texas and didn’t compete half his throws against LSU. 

Again, it’s not his stats that bother me other than his frame. He won’t be able to take the same hits as the others. He’ll be the smallest QB in the NFL in terms of playing weight. 

4 hours ago, WestPanthers said:

So basically we have one year with the arm length debate , one year with the hand size debate and now is the height ......great.

Lol in fairness the arm length debate was mostly Rhule and any sheep that followed. I could be wrong but most Huddlers were trying to understand his dumb logic.

Rhule used analytics to justify all the wrong things. While ignoring the analytics that would have helped the Panther org.  So glad he is gone. 

12 minutes ago, Varking said:

No it doesn’t bother me how scripted the OSU offense was at times. Young’s teams and coaching staffs were better than Strouds. I’ve seen plays where Young has 6+ seconds to throw. Bama has much more talent on defense than OSU. 

Young has had bad games too. He sucked against Texas and didn’t compete half his throws against LSU. 

Again, it’s not his stats that bother me other than his frame. He won’t be able to take the same hits as the others. He’ll be the smallest QB in the NFL in terms of playing weight. 

My goodness…you say he sucked against Texas but won the game for Bama and also beat LSU.  Bama had more talent than Ohio State last season?  What?  Where?

Young had more big wins by far.  In fact Stroud never did anything against the only good team he played Michigan.  

CJ Stroud had literally 1 big game in his career…and lost

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Lets talk about maturity too.  CJ talking like “yo dude I want to lead a team dog”

Young is like “I have to be great in everything I do…otherwise I will fail”

Since when does one need to speak like Carlton from the Fresh Prince to be a leader?

5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Just curious as to why Stroud’s game against Michigan is concerning, but not Young’s against UGA for the championship? I prefer Stroud because I think he has the lowest floor, but I won’t complain if we draft Young.

Just checking but you mean highest floor right? Low floor is a negative thing

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

So CJ Stroud is a better QB on the field than Bryce Young?  Seriously?  CJ is really good and I will be happy with him but no need to bash Young, he is a great prospect and IMO the best player in this draft

Young is the best QB in this Draft, not the best player.

That said, he's just too small to risk the #1 overall pick on. Pretty much every ex-NFL player in the media that's met him has commented on how small he is in person. The NFL is the land of the giants - I just can't see him staying healthy for a full season. 

His height is an issue for me, because he won't be able to see the middle of the field well, but Murray and Wilson have proven you can play QB at 5'10" in the NFL - it's simply the small frame / weight that scares me about Young. 

• Pie 1