• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King on the trade

Mr. Scot

23 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

When I said a couple of days ago that the Panthers wanted to give up 3 firsts but the Bears wanted DJ, you said it was BS. Me thinks you may have spoken too soon. 

DJ Moore was essential to the deal on the Bears side for certain, but I'm not sure how you get out of this that the Panthers were pushing to create an extra first rounder. They were always looking for the best deal they could get.

Edited by Mr. Scot

btw, ex-jag beat writer pete prickso plays gm again and gives us an A for Aggression but F for the trade.  He does not buy either Young or Stroud as worthy to move up that far.

https://www.google.com/search?q=prisco+on+panthers+trade&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS856US856&oq=prisco+on+panthers+trade&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160.9368j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:fc16757f,vid:RyQJ21EulfE

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

DJ Moore was essential to the deal on the Bears side for certain, but I'm not sure how you get out of this that the Panthers were pushing to create an extra first rounder. They were always looking for the best deal they could get.

Bears wanted DJ. The Panthers would have rather given up 3 1sts than DJ and 2 1sts but DJ had to be part of the deal to get it done. Pretty straight forward stuff. 

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Bears wanted DJ. The Panthers would have rather given up 3 1sts than DJ and 2 1sts but DJ had to be part of the deal to get it done. Pretty straight forward stuff. 

The article confirms the Bears wanted Moore, but if there's a definitive statement on the Panthers being willing to trade three first rounders, I didn't see it.

Hell, we only really gave up one in the end.

Edited by Mr. Scot

33 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

btw, ex-jag beat writer pete prickso plays gm again and gives us an A for Aggression but F for the trade.  He does not buy either Young or Stroud as worthy to move up that far.

I remember Prisco having a back and forth with Tom Sorenson back when Sorenson was writing for The Observer.

My favorite though was when he made a list of the ten best quarterbacks in the league  listing Chad Pennington as the tenth. Then had an angry exchange with a reader where he proclaimed that Pennington wasn't a top ten quarterback 😄

Edited by Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I remember Prisco having a back and forth with Tom Sorenson back when Sorenson was writing for The Observer.

My favorite though was when he made a list of the ten best quarterbacks in the league  listing Chad Pennington as the tenth. Then had an angry exchange with a reader where he proclaimed that Pennington wasn't a top ten quarterback 😄

I remember that and I remember battling with Jag boards via Observer and AOL boards.  Never change being a prick, pete.

1 hour ago, stan786 said:

It honestly feels like we are leaking every QB the Texans could like. I really could see the Texans going Richardson especially if they do end up signing Jimmy G like is rumored they want.

I have a feeling we feel comfortable with a couple QB’s, we’re just trying to get a feel for if the Texans will blink for their guy and give us some form of compensation for moving down to #2.

I'd be fine with AR, gotta keep in mind that we're forecasting a bit, Stroud and CJ ''are what they are'' accurate QBs primarily one with traditional size. In three years what could they ''add'' to their game to be possibly generational franchise type QB's?

More accuracy, Young is going to gain much more weight, and they are both ''mobile'' but they are not 11 on 11 run threats. 

If we look at BAL, and PHI success it makes sense to consider AR as mechanics, etc. can be worked on over time, but AR already comes in a TOP athlete in the NFL and has that to lean on while developing. With that in mind in three years IF he's dedicated he would bring more to the table than either Young or Stroud. 

Him (AR), plus our OL, and a competent run game could be scary. I'd be ok with Stroud or AR, I don't want a QB that's 5'10 who has a ''playing'' weight in the 190s. That's basically Steve Smith at QB.