• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

San Darnold signs with the 49ers

TheSpecialJuan

Class act.  Guy played for 2 dumpster fires, and just went out there did the best he could (which wasn't much) and kept his mouth shut.  I don't think I've ever heard him say a bad word about anyone.

He cannot be a franchise guy, he's just not able...however, in that system, he can be a starter.

Good luck Sam, ya got one more shot.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I would say Darnold will likely ve a very, very distant third option for them. He shouldn't see the field unless both Purdy and Lance got down.

I was under the impression Purdy won't see the field for quite a bit of 2024.  Hence why I said until Purdy was healthy. No way Darnold starts over him.

Lance... Seems not very good. He could definitely turn it around.  But I'm skeptical. I think the 49ers are, too.

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I was under the impression Purdy won't see the field for quite a bit of 2024.  Hence why I said until Purdy was healthy. No way Darnold starts over him.

Lance... Seems not very good. He could definitely turn it around.  But I'm skeptical. I think the 49ers are, too.

I highly doubt Lance is as bad as Darnold. He hasn't shown that so far, in his very limited action.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If it came down to a choice between starting Darnold vs starting Lance and the 49ers chose Darnold, what would that tell you?

I highly doubt you ever see that scenario other than injury. If they felt that way, Lance would be on the trade block or cut block.

It's fun for some people to think that Darnold is anything other than a #2 or #3 QB in the NFL, but he has never shown he is anything but that.

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I highly doubt you ever see that scenario other than injury. If they felt that way, Lance would be on the trade block or cut block.

It's fun for some people to think that Darnold is anything other than a #2 or #3 QB in the NFL, but he has never shown he is anything but that.

The only thing I could comfortably say I know Darnold to be is a nice guy.

I am curious to see how he functions in Shanahan's offense though, partially because I don't think Brock Purdy is some diamond in the rough that everybody missed on. He just played well within the system.

Maybe Darnold can do that too.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952fbe1244b61509f9b9

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Darnold is at best a #2.  Signing him tells me they're long term banking on Purdy getting healthy as their answer. Otherwise maybe they try to go for a better backup.

Lance may not even be a #2, at least right now. He has looked the worst of the starting QBs on the niners.

The 49ers are good enough a #2 can look very good.