• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the Panthers unsure of who their #1 is or is it just a smokescreen…

mc52beast

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

After watching some more of Levis' highlight videos, it dawned on me that his "highlight" out-route throws and quick hits are gonna be easy pick-sixes in the NFL. He stands tall in the pocket, but the narrow escapes his passes had in college will make DBs salivate. In short: this dude is gonna throw a lot of interceptions and very few touchdown passes.

It's exactly like trading Muhsin Muhammad, two firsts and more for the rights to move up and grab Randy Fasani No. 1 in 2002.

Hold On Wait GIF by filmeditor

We know who we want, and that's why we moved up to one. Sure, they're going to play games to see if they can parlay something from nothing, because in the end it's all about value. But we know who we want. All the workouts and pro days aren't going to amount to a hill of beans. Extensive research on these guys has already been done. Our guys are experienced enough that they aren't going to be Zach-Wilsoned.

• Pie 1

I think keeping it a mystery is just a good business decision. Speculation keeps the Panthers in the news. I also think it's better for the league overall to keep it a mystery. The draft is dimished if the first pick is confirmed by the team making it.

1 hour ago, Fright said:

Stroud covers every criteria for a #1 overall QB. He has 0 questions... nothing over durability, nothing over height, nothing over mechanics, nothing over character. Everyone else has AT LEAST 1 question, whether it be height or proper mechanics, etc. 

If it's not Stroud, we're wrong. 

Agreed. His only concern is the track record of previous Ohio State QBs being bad. Which is a ridiculous concern considering none of that is relevant to who he is as a player. Before Mahomes there was never a successful Texas Tech QB in the NFL. 

Young would also be a worthy 1st overall pick but the size concerns are enough for me to have Stroud as my clear #1. 

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Will Levis sucks. Not even a top-4 QB in this draft.

I found it interesting that Ryan Leaf had Stroud and Young as first rounders with Richardson and Levis as toolsy second rounders that you're doing no favours to if you draft them in the first.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Dude you have no idea what you're talking about. Best place to live?  LMAO... that's your criteria...  Charlotte gets put all over those lists too... come on man... and those lists have zero to do with sports. I'm done after this bc I'm punching down intellectually here... The Panthers have been bad for 6 years now. You are obviously young and not overly educated based off the "dunks" you're putting out there that certainly are, so let me educate you today on the Panthers. The Panthers sold out for well over a decade straight. BOA has been as good an environment as there is when the team is good.  Fan support for the Panthers has been incredible when the team has even remotely reciprocated. The idea that Charlotte doesn't support the Panthers is utter BS. People in Raleigh have the biggest little brother syndrome of all time... Nobody outside of the Triangle cares about any of your "vaunted" sports team outside of Duke-UNC in basketball on a national scale. Sure, the Canes are great. But nationally, the WWE dwarfs the NHL in ratings. More people care about Cody Rhodes than Sebastian Aho... or anyone else in the NHL for that matter... I doubt less than 5% of anyone in this state outside of Raleigh even knows who that is... that's a knock on Aho who is a great player, it's just the NHL barely makes a ripple in the overall hierarchy of American sports. It's not in the same universe as the NFL or NBA no matter how badly you want to tell yourself otherwise. Raleigh is not a big-time sports city, no matter how much you want to scream into the abyss about it. Neither is Charlotte. But no one here is making such a nonsense argument... LOL it's good to be young and to be ignorant enough to be confidently wrong... WTF are you even on this board though since Charlotte is so beneath you? There is an actual discussion board on this very site for Raleigh sports since they are so superior...  Maybe it's bc I'm watching Idiocracy with my son, but your timing is perfect, my man... The dumbest among us have become the most confidence in their ignorance... God Bless America!!
    • You do know the biggest military base in the US is located just an hour from Raleigh in Fort Bragg right? Military families are family oriented. A hour drive to games is nothing compared to traveling 3 hours to Charlotte.   Cmon man there is nothing happening in Western Carolina other than Charlotte. I only go west for outdoor activities and some nature/mountain views.
    • Okay, who is coming. And how hard is it going to be to get tickets? I’m currently living in Germany a couple hours north of Munich. Happy to help facilitate a cheaper experience for help getting tickets lol.