• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers to sign Miles Sanders

Mr. Scot

9 hours ago, onmyown said:

Really need to find that WR though…anyone. Just looking at the depth chart is a complete joke.

Yep.  Obviously this FA pool isn’t ideal.  But we got to address the fact our rookie QB needs some legit help.  Shi and TMJ are very young and are still developing.  Shenault more of a gadget and schemed up guy.  That’s not really helping a young QB. 

I take the Jags are the perfect or similar sample.  Yeah, they probably overpaid a less than ideal Kirk and brought in an experienced Marvin Jones Jr.  But that was big for a young QB even though they didn’t knock your socks off.    That made a huge difference for Trevor.  Obviously, TE too. 

13 hours ago, Shotgun said:

It makes us better and the eagles worse...Perfect!

Not really considering they have one of the best O-lines.They havevthe luxury to plug another RB in that spot.We need to get to that level on O-line.

But this is a good signing for us for sure.

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, shaq said:

Freak athlete entering his prime say less! Hopefully the contract is reasonable 

Not sure how long you've been a Panthers fan but running back contracts and reasonable are not two things that we usually hear. 

Now if we can get Foreman to also sign, we may have one of the best running back tandems in the NFL. 

16 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Not really considering they have one of the best O-lines.They havevthe luxury to plug another RB in that spot.We need to get to that level on O-line.

Our run blocking was one of the best in the NFL. Pass blocking is where our line broke down. So we should be fine to ground and pound. Just get Foreman with Sanders and we will be good to go. 

21 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yep.  Obviously this FA pool isn’t ideal.  But we got to address the fact our rookie QB needs some legit help.  Shi and TMJ are very young and are still developing.  Shenault more of a gadget and schemed up guy.  That’s not really helping a young QB. 

I take the Jags are the perfect or similar sample.  Yeah, they probably overpaid a less than ideal Kirk and brought in an experienced Marvin Jones Jr.  But that was big for a young QB even though they didn’t knock your socks off.    That made a huge difference for Trevor.  Obviously, TE too. 

I think Trevor made a big difference for Trevor. He is a generational talent and that showed several times this season. He tooks JAGs at receiver and TE and turned them into stars, and he's only in Year 2. 

15 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Not sure how long you've been a Panthers fan but running back contracts and reasonable are not two things that we usually hear. 

Now if we can get Foreman to also sign, we may have one of the best running back tandems in the NFL. 

4 years 25 million total is actually pretty reasonable for a 26 yearold RB who just put up over 1200 rushing yards. Honestly I see no point in resigning Foreman after signing Sanders, Foreman is a JAG who benefited from our o line. I doubt he ever gets a starting role again outside of injury.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, shaq said:

4 years 25 million total is actually pretty reasonable for a 26 yearold RB who just put up over 1200 rushing yards. Honestly I see no point in resigning Foreman after signing Sanders, Foreman is a JAG who benefited from our o line. I doubt he ever gets a starting role again outside of injury.

Foreman was better than Sanders last year so I don't know what you're talking about. Foreman was at double of Sanders in yards over expectation. He also had PJ Walker, Baker Mayfield, and Sam Darnold as his QB while Sanders had Jalen Hurts. Football is a team game and it's difficult to evaluate individual production but, by most advanced metrics, Foreman was better.

So give me Foreman and give me Sanders and I'll be happy. Not sure why you'd be cozy going with Sanders, Hubbard, and Blackshear (fuging puke).

We could've signed Foreman for half the amount and had twice the production as well. 4 years and $25 million is such a Panthers thing to do for a guy like Sanders who is, by all accounts, average on his own. 

With Sanders in the mix, it’ll be interesting to see how the Panthers handle the free agency of D’Onta Foreman, who led the team in rushing yards and rushing touchdowns last season.

Foreman has yet to agree to terms with another team, and he could still be viewed as a worthwhile complement to Sanders this season.

2 hours ago, heel31ok said:

Losing good players always hurts. You think the eagles will be just as good as they were last year? Make it to the bowl again? I don't think they will, a playoff team yes but will probably take a step back (I hope so anyway).

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

Foreman was better than Sanders last year so I don't know what you're talking about. Foreman was at double of Sanders in yards over expectation. He also had PJ Walker, Baker Mayfield, and Sam Darnold as his QB while Sanders had Jalen Hurts. Football is a team game and it's difficult to evaluate individual production but, by most advanced metrics, Foreman was better.

So give me Foreman and give me Sanders and I'll be happy. Not sure why you'd be cozy going with Sanders, Hubbard, and Blackshear (fuging puke).

We could've signed Foreman for half the amount and had twice the production as well. 4 years and $25 million is such a Panthers thing to do for a guy like Sanders who is, by all accounts, average on his own. 

You don't pay 2 backs. Sanders, Hubbard, late round pick is what we should roll with

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

No clue where you got those stats, but by majority of advanced metrics Miles Sanders was the more efficient RB last year. Combined with him actually having receiving upside compared to Donta. Give me Miles all mf day! Also you don’t need 3 good rbs, Miles Sanders and Chuba is a top 15 rb duo in the league. I’d rather draft some bigger redzone back then pay Donta.

D2F7512C-F976-4F4C-8B0A-65C1ECCDBEAA.jpeg

24E11612-74C3-4008-91D3-66E6DCB35288.jpeg

• Flames 2

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Interesting comparison

Funny - I was looking at some comparisons of those two this morning. Even more impressive for us when comparing the contracts. Granted, Sanders has not been the receiving threat that CMC has, but Sanders' first year was very impressive in that area. Maybe he can get back to some of that with Duce. I am sure that was part of the selling point.