• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Pro Day

ForJimmy

Very nice and business like pro day showed everything he needed to. He’s got a vibe around him that I love.

Very excited to get one of these guys, will be interesting how it plays out.

Everyone taking these aggressive sides on these guys is hilarious, both are very good and will be very good imo.

Im glad we are clearly giving them both serious consideration, can’t wait for the season already.

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

I thought he threw well and had good ball placement. His WRs didn't help him very much and is something to note for sure versus Stroud. Stroud was surrounded by certified studs in that workout yesterday lol. 

I'm down with whoever this staff picks, and I think we're getting a great player regardless. Exciting times ahead!

I thought he threw well too. But regardless of trash receivers or not, he has been throwing to those receivers the whole year and should be familiar with their speeds. So he doesn't get a pass for missing from me.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Objectively young overthrew 2 passes underthrew 2 and had 2 dropped. Other than that he looked just as good as CJ. Now add in the refusal to weigh in and the workout starting late I give the pro day bowl to CJ. 

2 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Two things confirmed for me:

1) Bryce Young is a great passer of the football

2) His receivers were pretty trash this year

Burton is garbage. Even Gibbs, as talented as he is, looked to bust his nose on a pass right through his hands. 

for 2) that cannot be understated. I've heard soooo many times that you can't judge an Alabama QB fairly because he's surrounded by better talent than anyone else (which was true for Tua and Mac) but is definitely false this year. Ironically Stroud holds that this year but for some reason this board doesn't seem to apply that to him. I'm happy with either one and trust this staff but there's just something about Young that feels like he has that Burrow/Brady "it".  

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Just now, ncsfinest21 said:

I thought he threw well too. But regardless of trash receivers or not, he has been throwing to those receivers the whole year and should be familiar with their speeds. So he doesn't get a pass for missing from me.

Does CJ get a pass for his struggles throwing left yesterday? Neither guy was perfect but they both showed everything they needed to and they both looked great.

• Pie 1