• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

23 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Evidently I can because I would have thought someone who has “been watching football for a little over 50 years” would know better than to claim the floor for an extremely raw QB prospect with a losing college record and accuracy problems is a Pro Bowl QB before they even take a snap in the NFL but hey, thanks for letting me know that your wrongness is just rooted in a lot more information. 

If you say so.

Edited by Jon Snow

7 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Curious as to why he did not stay another year.

Because he's likely to be a high first round pick and make millions of dollars. Come back next year and not make a significant leap and it would significantly hurt his stock. Come back next year and suffer a significant injury and it might tank his stock. When millions of dollars are on the table, cash the check.

• Pie 1

In my mind, it's Stroud or AR.  People hating on AR, and I've seen people insult him for his inaccuracy when the Josh Allen comparisons have been made, which is hilarious because Josh Allen threw like poo against weak ass competition...  AR had his issues playing as a first year starter on a not-what-it-used-to-be  Florida squad talent-wise, in a pro-style offense against the toughest opponents in the country, and if you nitpick his games against their lesser opponents, he still had all the other issues to deal with I already mentioned.  He has beautiful mechanics, ridiculous athleticism, and as many analysts have revealed in studying his tape, he made big strides in his processing and ability to read defenses as the year went on...  if we took him, the sky is the limit with our staff.  His weaknesses can be refined, his strengths can't be taught or learned.  That's a tough combination to beat.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

In my mind, it's Stroud or AR.  People hosting on AR, and I've seen people insult him for his inaccuracy when the Josh Allen comparisons have been made, which is hilarious because Josh Allen threw like poo against weak ass competition...  AR had his issues playing as a first year starter on a not-what-it-used-to-be  Florida squad talent-wise, in a pro-style offense against the toughest opponents in the country, and if you nitpick his games against their lesser opponents, he still had all the other issues to deal with I already mentioned.  He has beautiful mechanics, ridiculous athleticism, and as many analysts have revealed in studying his tape, he made big strides in his processing and ability to read defenses as the year went on...  if we took him, the sky is the limit with our staff.  His weaknesses can be refined, his strengths can't be taught or learned.  That's a tough combination to beat.

I legit think it's a toss up between Stroud/Young/AR.

Those trade back rumors always made me suspicious we were looking at AR.

3 minutes ago, Carolina Disaster said:

We didn't trade up to 1 to take AR15.  If we stay at 1 its Bryce or Stroud.

Not necessarily true. 

How do we know other teams were willing to trade back? 

For all we know Arizona might like Will Anderson at #3. Texans have no reason to trade back they also need a QB. Colts/Seahawks also need QB's.

Realistically the Bears were our only realistic trade up option. Trading up a few spots to get the 4th QB never made sense either.

4 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

He's by far the most talented and physically gifted qb in this draft and it's not even close actually. 

Most physically gifted, no doubt. Most talented, why would that be? Stroud is the most natural thrower. Young is processing like a vet. It feels like everyone says most talented when they mean most physically gifted.

My take away from this pro day is he has huge upside, huge arm, but man he was super lackluster in this drop backs and movements during the throws. I would expect some one fighting to be number 1 to locked in the whole way. A bit dissapointing in that regard. With that being said, I like him a lot,  I think we could definitely develop him, the question is, do want to lose 2 years a la Justin Fields and the Bears.