• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

13 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Completion percentage doesn't matter. Holton Ahlers(67.2%) had a higher completion percentage than Stroud(66.3%) and Young(64.5%) last year. Does that mean Ahlers applied himself more than Stroud and Young? No, it's just a report of how often the WRs/TEs/RBs caught passes no matter how good or bad they were thrown, and not a measure of how good or accurate a passer the QB is. Which makes no sense why it's a QB stat.

53% is abysmal for a college QB. We’re not talking about splitting hairs between high completion %

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Luck was a passer. And although he could run he wasn't even close to being the athlete AR is. I think they are 2 totally different QB's.

He was pretty freakin' athletic (basically a hair less athletic than Cam Newton).

Andrew Luck RAS.png

• Flames 1

Just now, WUnderhill said:

53% is abysmal for a college QB. We’re not talking about splitting hairs between high completion %

How abysmal is it though, for a first-year college quarterback, comparatively? Especially one with such awful receivers. One game I watched easily had 6 dropped passes, including a touchdown, with 2 more passes being questionable if the receiver should have caught it.

If Richardson stayed in school another year, I believe his completion percentage would have improved to over 60% easily.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Weird comparison. Nobody said Richardson is Cam Newton. He just has some of his traits.

Cam was arguably the most dominating college player in history. He really was a man amongst boys.

You missed the point completely. He excused ARs poor college QB play saying Florida didn’t have talent, I’m comparing Cam because he didn’t have much around him at Auburn and carried the team. Richardson did not do that, therefore not worthy of #1 overall.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

How abysmal is it though, for a first-year college quarterback, comparatively? Especially one with such awful receivers. One game I watched easily had 6 dropped passes, including a touchdown, with 2 more passes being questionable if the receiver should have caught it.

If Richardson stayed in school another year, I believe his completion percentage would have improved to over 60% easily.

An assumption you don't make after trading up to #1. 

4 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Did Will Levis have such a markedly better cast around him? He managed to complete 65% and I don’t see anybody banging the Levis drum. Maybe AR doesn’t throw a very catchable ball.

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Did Will Levis have such a markedly better cast around him? He managed to complete 65% and I don’t see anybody banging the Levis drum. Maybe AR doesn’t throw a very catchable ball.

Will Levis threw a lot of screens from what I watched. I don't know if someone wants to find their passing charts for last year, but I would be Will's depth of through was much shorter. Also, Will Levis has played for multiple years in the college. In his first two years he had a 59% and 60% completion percentage, and then improved.

Edited by Krovvy

9 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

You missed the point completely. He excused ARs poor college QB play saying Florida didn’t have talent, I’m comparing Cam because he didn’t have much around him at Auburn and carried the team. Richardson did not do that, therefore not worthy of #1 overall.

My question is why are you comparing him to Cam?

Cam didn't need much around him at the NFL level either. Cam is a different breed.