• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young will be the best QB ever in Charlotte

Diehardpanth02

3 hours ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Of course people always want to give him the excuse of “if he only had an all pro offensive line and 3 all pro WR then he would have been better” completely ignoring how other great QBs would have no offensive line or WRs and still put up better numbers. 

Lol this is such an absurd take. Over nine years, he had one excellent wide receiver for his first 3 years (Steve Smith). In his prime, his "#1 receivers" were Kelvin Benjamin, Ted Ginn and Devin Funchess. Not to mention the Shula offense which was reliant on his threat to run, of course he wasn't going to lead the league in passing yards.

And the offensive line, we just wanted functional - rather than relying on dudes like Matt Kalil, Chris Clark, Byron Bell, Nate Chandler, and Brian Folkerts to protect your best asset. Imagine if we surrounded this new rookie QB with trash like that how mad we'd be.

Edited by X-Clown

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

you know our only HoF player was "too short to play LB."

and probably the best non-QB player we ever had was supposedly too short to play WR at a high level.

Props for the short support. Those guys deserve them.

The belief in our fate being tied in with shortness, like it is some kind of secret mojo that unlocks power, would be what it takes to get me on Young as the pick. But I don't believe it. 

1 hour ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Exactly, young puts his whole body into it. CJ just flicks his wrist and throws bombs

I already question the coaching staff's endorsement to do the trade up if either of these guys is the target and now that I looked at the players closer, you just don't take a player like Bryce Young number one overall. You damned sure don't trade what they traded for the privilege. 

Which doesn't mean Stroud is that #1 player either but if you have to pick one it is clear.

• Pie 1

The decision should be narrowed to 2 quarterbacks. But not the two that are being reported.

It should be down to Bryce Young and Anthony Richardson. Levis has journeyman bust written all over him and CJ Stroud is not a player you draft to elevate a team and bring the best out of other players on the roster.

Bryce Young is the best QB in the draft. He possesses all of the traits you want in a QB minus the size. But you have to believe, based on his football IQ, instincts, and opportunity to work with an A+ coaching staff, that it will not be the issue it has been made out to be.

Anthony Richardson should have stayed in school. But... maybe he knew that Florida wasn't going to be the place to improve himself as a QB. He has all-world talent and ability. He reportedly had the best team interviews of any top QB at the combine. He's so raw that a coaching staff can really mold this kid into something special. If this staff believes that Richardson has the goods and that he possesses everything needed to make the improvements necessary, I don't know if you pass on him. Everyone is glowing about the possibility of Richardson going to Seattle. Why? Because they made Russell Wilson a star and Geno Smith a pro-bowler. What about this staff? What IF they could do it? It would set the league aflame. And the Panthers will be a scary team for more than a decade.

2 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

No way I see Young being the #1 pick. I cannot see how an organization full of very experienced NFL guys (including a coach that is a former NFL QB) can draft a QB the size of Bryce Young. Sorry, just ain't happening imo. 

The team needs a franchise QB. If the guy that they see as a franchise QB is Young, they can't pass on him because he isn't taller. They will have to get him with a nutritionist and an NFL trainer to build more mass, but that can be done. 

30 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

The team needs a franchise QB. If the guy that they see as a franchise QB is Young, they can't pass on him because he isn't taller. They will have to get him with a nutritionist and an NFL trainer to build more mass, but that can be done. 

Its possible but its also reasonable to believe he will never be as effective playing at a bigger size.

7 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

I would love to have a quarterback with Young's intelligence, accuracy, and processing skills.

But like a lot of others, I'm concerned with how long he lasts taking the hits than an NFL quarterback gets.

16 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Height isn't the problem as much as he's just a smaller framed guy. He's only gonna get so big and if he does, who knows how that affects his game. Sorry, just don't see him being the pick.