• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan orlovsky on AR post pro day

raleigh-panther

14 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I just said in another thread.  If you draft him you go with him this season. Maybe not week one or two but by our bye week he should be under center.  We have Mike Sanders a good running back with great hands.  A CMC type of RB.  We have H. Hurst a good receiving TE.  A solid offensive line. DJ Chark a take the top off receiver and one of the best route runners in the NFL in Thielen.

From his interviews at the combine he showed great understanding of being a QB. Good QB IQ.

As Dan O said, to me, this indicates he can be brought along slowly and let the talent around him be the stars.  He doesn't have to carry the team.

Draft Him, Start Him

He's my darkhorse candidate.

Edited by DaveThePanther2008
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1

I normally think Dan O sucks and I can’t stand to listen to him (he did say Kyle Allen was the future) but the only reason I give him a listen now, is because he was almost hired by Reich to coach on this team. Maybe he has some insider info, maybe when he was interviewed or talked to, he got an idea of what the team was looking for? Regardless, right when we traded up, he immediately thought it was for AR, he’s been hinting at this for some time. 

I still don’t think we will draft him, although I want us to, ultimately I am ok with all three…in case anyone wanted to know lol.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I normally think Dan O sucks and I can’t stand to listen to him (he did say Kyle Allen was the future) but the only reason I give him a listen now, is because he was almost hired by Reich to coach on this team. Maybe he has some insider info, maybe when he was interviewed or talked to, he got an idea of what the team was looking for? Regardless, right when we traded up, he immediately thought it was for AR, he’s been hinting at this for some time. 

I still don’t think we will draft him, although I want us to, ultimately I am ok with all three…in case anyone wanted to know lol.

This kinda terrifies me. For a guy who was a former QB himself, it seems like Orlovsky is pretty much always wrong about QB prospects.

• Pie 7

5 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Has anyone actually talked to any Florida fans about him? I feel like it’s pretty telling that the mass majority of them think he was hot garbage. 

Are we really buying that he’s in consideration?

I saw a clip on youtube about him.  One game he was a Heisman trophy candidate the next they didn't want him to throw.

He needs work, no doubt but we definitely have the coaching staff to handle him and a good offensive group to help him.  He doesn't have to carry the team.

Dan can be hit or miss. Generally he is pretty good about pro QB rankings - but I do remember saying Sam Darnold was a better version of Joe Burrow a couple of years ago. 

But to his credit I think he was high on Lamar Jackson and Jalen Hurts too.

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I saw a clip on youtube about him.  One game he was a Heisman trophy candidate the next they didn't want him to throw.

He needs work, no doubt but we definitely have the coaching staff to handle him and a good offensive group to help him.  He doesn't have to carry the team.

I could see it at pick 9. But #1 overall? He’s a much bigger gamble from what I’m seeing.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Has anyone actually talked to any Florida fans about him? I feel like it’s pretty telling that the mass majority of them think he was hot garbage. 

Are we really buying that he’s in consideration?

Counterpoint: they're Florida Gators fans.

• Pie 3