• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kaye's X-Factor: System Fit

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The vast majority of people I've seen preferring Stroud (myself included) generally add "but I'd be okay with Young".

I've not seen all that many aggressively bash either one.

There is just a small subset that bashes, most discussions have been great.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The vast majority of people I've seen preferring Stroud (myself included) generally add "but I'd be okay with Young".

You literally went at me with some disrespect calling me a "kid". 

Some ppl called you out on it, and instead of apologizing, you doubled down. 

That was uncalled for as I have never disrespected you.

you also keep accusing me of having different profile which until you said it, didn't even realized ppl did that.

I have many other example of a few other ppl here.

There are genuine "But I will be ok with either QB" ppl, who you can tell are flexible & don't personally attack others. That hasn't been you from my experience.

That is the aggressiveness I'm talking about. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lmao... sanctimonious as always.

Run a search of the main forum for "midget" and type that post out again.

I prefer Stroud as well. But, to pretend that Stroud fanboys are some stoic jurists, while those who prefer Young are rabid, emotional fanatics who attack anyone who disagrees would be hilarious if it hadnt become so expected in this forum.

The Tinderbox is less toxic than this place, for zods sake!

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

I prefer Stroud as well. But, to pretend that Stroud fanboys are some stoic jurists, while those who prefer Young are rabid, emotional fanatics who attack anyone who disagrees would be hilarious if it hadnt become so expected in this forum.

THANK YOU!!!

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Growl said:

we’re talking about quarterbacks, the system should fit the player not the other way around

Disagree 1000000000%. The "system" is everything an offense does. From QB to RB, from WRs to TEs, from FBs to the O-Line. You do not design their entire world around your QB. If he gets injured, if he jets for more money elsewhere ... you're doomed. You bring in the best QB available who can run what you the head coach, and the 10+ other coaches on offense, want your offense to be like.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Since the new HC hire, this place has absolutely mellowed. The excitement level is heightened, and the toxicity has abated dramatically. If @Ivory Panther thinks it's bad now? He never would have survived that.

Edited by Gerry Green
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, ElSporto said:

What in Jesus christs holy name you fools talking about?? This is insanity. The most mediocre franchise in nfl history has 5 years of crummy football and all of you are jonesing for status quo? This is nonsense. Even the Stroud truther analysts - of which there are relatively few - openly admit he’s a high floor, low ceiling prospect. 

Fittco traded all those assets - including known commodity Dj - to bloop a single to right field? This fan base is starved for the next Goff/Garoppolo/Carr??

You guys are on-brand, man. An epic trade to 1 and the poultry flocks. Definition of insanity. 

My god if I read one more comment on the Georgia game… Kurt Cousins could write a book on annual one-off good games. 

You’re all getting timeouts. 

Which ALT is this?

10 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

You literally went at me with some disrespect calling me a "kid". 

Some ppl called you out on it, and instead of apologizing, you doubled down. 

That was uncalled for as I have never disrespected you.

you also keep accusing me of having different profile which until you said it, didn't even realized ppl did that.

I have many other example of a few other ppl here.

There are genuine "But I will be ok with either QB" ppl, who you can tell are flexible & don't personally attack others. That hasn't been you from my experience.

That is the aggressiveness I'm talking about. 

Calling you kid actually has nothing to do with who you prefer and more to do with the fact that you act like one.

If all you did was advocate for Young, I doubt anybody would have an issue. What you do instead is accuse others of ulterior motives, tout your own supposed virtue and continuously play the victim.

Rayzor was correct.

• Poo 3

8 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Disagree 1000000000%. The "system" is everything an offense does. From QB to RB, from WRs to TEs, from FBs to the O-Line. You do not design their entire world around your QB. If he gets injured, if he jets for more money elsewhere ... you're doomed. You bring in the best QB available who can run what you the head coach, and the 10+ other coaches on offense, want your offense to be like.

Which is why you almost have to laugh at those that say. "Pick the best QB, the coach may not be here in 3 years." lol If the Coach gets his QB, he may be here until he retires. The player absolutely has to fit what the Coach wants. 

• Poo 1