• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young VS Stroud, the greatest Panthers debate ever?

GOAT

19 hours ago, rayzor said:

what's funny is the number of people who are pissed and offended and feel they need to retaliate if someone has the nerve to have a different opinion.

Hey now, let's leave politics in the tinderbox. LOL

Edited by shaqattaq
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Idk about the debate but you can damn sure count on the Bryce Young superfans to be scouring the huddle late at night or first thing in the morning looking for any post remotely not complimentary about him to poo on.

George Costanza Flirt GIF

I think its funny how whenever stroud rumors heat up about 5 more Bryce threads pop up. Lmaoo 

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, csx said:

We know how tall he is now. What's the point of the images next to other people?

5-foot-10 1/8 is 5-foot-10 1/8

brother, we got the #1 overall pick, everything is on the table....

Plus just for you, my reasons are as follows- lets just go with 5'10 height. Someone post the pic and the guy has no/short neck plus short forehead. And/or hes got ultra long torso and super short legs, but hes 5'10. I personally want to see the whole body with compares to others across the full spectrum. A long neck can make a 5'10 body be listed as 6'2....buts its just a small 5'10 dude with a griffee neck. 

When talkin 1st over-all and traded a haul. I want the ex-rays, blood-type, voice recording, etc etc

On 4/3/2023 at 11:55 AM, poundaway said:

Maybe.  I was thinking AR may have been the target early on because

1)We originally tried to trade to 3 but it wasn't much more to go to 1.  If you look at 3 you are considering the 3rd best QB.

2)We traded to the #1 spot right after Richardson's amazing show at the combine

3)Fitterer loved RAS scores.

Then I watched the tape.  Richardson absolutely did NOT have the coaching, line or weapons that Stroud or Young had and the pocket collapsed routinely so its truly hard to say, but it didn't look awesome.

Now I think we just shopped 3 to help justify the price of 1. The timing was driven by us losing the bidding war with the Saints over Carr and RAS scores has never driven Fit on a QB.  No I don't think Richardson is in the mix now that I've watched a few games of all three.

We put a bid in for Carr?

7 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Check out these Stroud Highlights.

In all seriousness, I would take this level of QB play, Goff has really turned a corner in Detroit.

If Stroud is ranked QB #8 after his first season would anyone really complain? Goff/Herbert/Burrow comps in order of floor to ceiling is about as good as it currently gets. 

Bryce comp on Bleacher Report-

PRO COMPARISON: Downscaled Tony Romo. 

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

If Stroud is ranked QB #8 after his first season would anyone really complain? Goff/Herbert/Burrow comps in order of floor to ceiling is about as good as it currently gets. 

Bryce comp on Bleacher Report-

PRO COMPARISON: Downscaled Tony Romo. 

To be fair to Bryce, someone also has an Aaron Rodgers comparison. It's really hard to take any comparison on it's face. I'm going to be thrilled with either guy - think we have a real chance to finally get our Franchise guy.

32 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

To be fair to Bryce, someone also has an Aaron Rodgers comparison. It's really hard to take any comparison on it's face. I'm going to be thrilled with either guy - think we have a real chance to finally get our Franchise guy.

Yeah I agree he emulates his style after Rodgers, but at 4" shorter and 30 pounds lighter I don't know if it's a fair "comp"