• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera hints he "didn't mesh" with David Tepper

Mr. Scot

From the article:

Ron Rivera was head coach of the Panthers when David Tepper bought the franchise in 2018. Rivera survived that season under his new boss, but Tepper fired Rivera during the 2019 season.

“I’ve got to be very specific and very clear cut with what our vision is going forward,” Rivera said, via the Washington Times. “And it has to mesh. That’s one of the things I learned from [the Panthers change] is that not having it mesh, not having an explanation of what we’re going to do and how we’re going to do it . . . slows that process down. When that opportunity comes, when I sit down [with new ownership] and go through the explanation, I’m going to be very concise.”

🤔

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

I think just because he’s going through the same situation again. Not a lot of head coaches go through a change in ownership, let alone two. Is Rivera the first?

Not sure, but given his recent track record I hope Jerry Jones hires him next 😄

• Pie 4
  • Flames 4

24 minutes ago, frankw said:

Why is he even rehashing this?

probably because a reporter asked him directly about his current situation w/ a new owner coming in to a franchise.  Which doesn't happen that often.   Because ownership doesn't change hardly.  Ron in a pretty unique spot of having 2 new owners coming in.  

• Pie 5

Nobody meshed with Tepper from the Keep Pounding era.

Ron fired, Luke retired, TD left, Greg left, Cam got kicked out.

Then when Cam came back he mentioned something about this not being the same Panthers franchise as he once remembered. Saying that when you have major ownership change then stuff like this always happens. Key faces get moved around or moved out.

• Pie 7
  • The D 1

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Nobody meshed with Tepper from the Keep Pounding era.

Ron fired, Luke retired, TD left, Greg left, Cam got kicked out.

Then when Cam came back he mentioned something about this not being the same Panthers franchise as he once remembered. Saying that when you have major ownership change then stuff like this always happens. Key faces get moved around or moved out.

but Luke, TD, and Greg are employees/ambassadors of the Panthers.... so that means they came back... not sure you can say they dont mesh with Tepper if your reasoning is going to be players leaving a franchise going through a rebuild... or retiring for the betterment of their long term health. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

but Luke, TD, and Greg are employees/ambassadors of the Panthers.... so that means they came back... not sure you can say they dont mesh with Tepper, if your reasonining is going to be players leaving a franchise going through a rebuild... or retiring for the betterment of their long term health. 

I would come back if I got paid as well.

Even if they didn't mesh this is the team they will be remembered until they die.