• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL News

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Lamar is fuged. Now that the Ravens have seen that there's minimal market out there for him they're gonna hardball him. This is the risk he took.

I never know how seriously to take stuff like that.

I recall Lance Briggs saying there was no way he'd ever play for the Bears again shortly before he resigned for a big contract.

Sometimes it's just posturing.

19 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I thought he said he doesn't want to play for the Ravens anymore?

At that point it's not even about money anymore right?

I don't know what it's about. This deal was offered before this whole fiasco started. If I'm an agent trying to sell my services to guys coming right out of college, I give them this whole LJ/Ravens thing as my biggest reason why you need to hire me. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I never know how seriously to take stuff like that.

I recall Lance Briggs saying there was no way he'd ever play for the Bears again shortly before he resigned for a big contract.

Sometimes it's just posturing.

Could be. But LJ has no one really to negotiate this contract other than himself. NFLPA has already issued warnings to teams about negotiating with a non approved "agent".

• Pie 1

Just a guess from me but Lamar Jackson might be headed to the Patriots.

Those Mac Jones rumors are suspicious and there isn't a upgrade available besides Lamar or Rodgers.

Is it possible the Pats trade Mac for a 2nd round pick and trade for Lamar just before the draft?

22 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah im not a fan of the apples.

The cranberries are my favorite. I have no idea why she keeps switching recipes though lol

Lets be honest...chicken salad is about what you have in the fridge to throw in it.   Grapes, apples, cranberries etc....mix it with enough mayo and seasoning and good to go! 🤪

The Lamar situation is starting to feel a bit like Dennis Schroeder with the Lakers a few years ago.  Turned down a MONSTER contract extension expecting to get a bigger one in free agency.

Ending up needing to take a 1 year prove it deal in the cheap, was exposed for not being as good as he thought, and lost out on a crazy amount of money that he’ll now never get.

If Lamar doesn’t end up signing a big deal before the season starts and can’t make it thru the season healthy, again, this is going to be the biggest fumbling of a bag in sports history.

Was listening to Sirius NFL radio while in my car today.  Lamar is a frequently discussed topic.  They mentioned some info that had been tweeted by one of their colleagues.  It compared the earnings of Lamar to Josh Allen...who was drafted in the same year.  To date....Allen's earnings have been in the 80 millions.  Lamar to date...in the 30's.  Not having an agent has really cost him.  Not to say he would have earned the same as Josh Allen...but I bet the gap would not be $50million at this point.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, ladypanther said:

Was listening to Sirius NFL radio while in my car today.  Lamar is a frequently discussed topic.  They mentioned some info that had been tweeted by one of their colleagues.  It compared the earnings of Lamar to Josh Allen...who was drafted in the same year.  To date....Allen's earnings have been in the 80 millions.  Lamar to date...in the 30's.  Not having an agent has really cost him.  Not to say he would have earned the same as Josh Allen...but I bet the gap would not be $50million at this point.

Part of this is that Allen wrapped up his deal last year and got a huge pay day. If Lamar had an agent and had gotten a deal last year, he'd likely be at similar numbers.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Jaxel said:

Part of this is that Allen wrapped up his deal last year and got a huge pay day. If Lamar had an agent and had gotten a deal last year, he'd likely be at similar numbers.

I wonder what the difference would have been had he accepted one of the deals the Ravens have been offering.