• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Mortensen: Bryce Young is the pick, they all love Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

My first thought. I havent watches ESPN outside of live sporting events in probably 5 years and this was the first I've seen him since then. 

My God he looks unrecognizable. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Same. Hate to see it.

He and John Clayton used to be the kings of insider info.

• The D 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Cool, but he clearly says its his opinion.  Its not a source or a report.  I mean tomorrow someone is going to start a thread that the panthers are in love with Stroud.  Then Friday and reverts back to young.  The draft cannot get here soon enough.  Although I do think we will know 100% who the pick is a week or so from now. 

Me peacocking aside I agree with you, I’m curious when that point is.

38 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Cool, but he clearly says its his opinion.  Its not a source or a report.  I mean tomorrow someone is going to start a thread that the panthers are in love with Stroud.  Then Friday and reverts back to young.  The draft cannot get here soon enough.  Although I do think we will know 100% who the pick is a week or so from now. 

Wrong. Check the threads the last couple days, nobody is starting threads about Stroud by himself. Lol

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Htarnation4.0 said:

Agree. It's not a matter of if BY gets hurt, it's a question of when he gets hurt. All guys at that level sustain injuries, but his frame is the issue. I can envision a snowball effect and that would be disaster for this franchise 

Not sure if it’d be a disaster…maybe on par. Which we desperately need to break.

52 minutes ago, Matthias said:

People act like Steph Curry is Muggsy Bogues.

I changed kids' perspectives': Muggsy Bogues, the 5ft 3in ...

Hey I loved Bogues.  He played here 10 years,  mostly as a  starter.  During his time in Charlotte, the Hornets rose from mediocrity to a serious contender taking the team to the playoffs for the first time and then again the next 2 years.   

He still holds the steal record for the Hornets. He wasn't great at rebounds or blocked shots tho.

You're right he's no Steph Curry, but who is?

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Whatever happened to that report (not sure if substantiated) that Fitterer wasn't going to ask Reich who he wants at QB until 1-2 weeks before the draft or w/e.  Either that was BS, or all these "Panthers all love _____ and are definitely taking him" reports are BS.

That was a direct quote from Fitterer from Joe Person. 

Fitterer said he'll probably ask Reich who his guy is a week or two before the April 27 start to the draft.  Until then, Fitterer said everyone can go through the process without feeling any bias based on what other coaches or scouts believe.  "There's so much talk about it and things get out.  'Frank likes this guy. We like this (guy).' Nobody knows, because I don't know," Fitterer added.  "I get a sense of where he's at.  But I'm not gonna ask him."

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

I would support whoever they pick. I just find the timing strange if this is the case.  We were reportedly the most aggressive team at the combine, after which we made the trade.  That's when CJ Stroud was showcasing and when Bryce wasn't even throwing.  Not trying to say anything positive or negative about either guy, just the timing to me doesn't really match up with them saying 'let's go get Bryce' after we sat at the combine and were so impressed with something there that we wanted to trade--all while Bryce isn't doing anything

Offers for #1 kicked into overdrive after the combine, you also had Derek Carr being considered at that time. Panthers said the trade was about controlling their destiny. They couldn't afford to wait.

I think it's more likely that they went into it liking Young and the combine added others to the conversation.