• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young under Center

Calboyz13

8 minutes ago, stan786 said:

To be honest I’m probably underselling it as I’m doing research, I think packers fans always just comped him to Favre and that’s why they hated on his arm his first few years. He did rework his release and added velocity after college and credits that to a lot of his success, but Tedford was known to coach robot QBs.

Looking at scouting reports one says has a very strong arm and the other says has an average arm that can hit all the throws but doesn’t wow you. So there’s a pretty big gulf there lmao. I’d guess his arm was closer to a Stroud than a Young based on that.

So id say you could easily debate what I said. 

It's funny to see how much different these scouting reports can be for the same player.  I do remember Burrow tweaking his release to add momentum after his rookie year.  Honestly none of these top 4 guys are going to have an issue with arm strength.  Stroud and Young's aren't elite but they can make every throw accurately and Young does it on the run a lot.  

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

Every scout said arm strength is a concern with him.  He generates little to none zip on the ball.  Not sure what scout reports you reading.

Lmao okay I’ll bite. Link these reports where “every scout said arm strength is a concern”. 

I’ll go ahead and add mine where Tony Romo says arm strength and deep balls are both good https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/bryce-young-nfl-draft-2023-scouting-report-prospect-profile-nfl-combine-results-pro-comparison-more/amp/

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

Young’s arm is strong enough, but he doesn’t have elite arm strength. His velocity is good, but has a visible cap and can be inconsistent. He sometimes fails to push that velocity to the deep third. Young also operates with a lot of schemed plays and predetermined reads by design, and he has room to become a more independent processor. There are times when Young sticks to his first read too long, and he can be reliant on rhythm throws.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/bryce-young-qb-alabama-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/amp/

One NFL quarterbacks coach believes Bryce Young made the right call by not throwing at the NFL Scouting Combine on Saturday.

Speaking to The Athletic's Bruce Feldman, the coach said Young's arm strength would've been "unimpressive" compared to other top quarterbacks Anthony Richardson, C.J. Stroud and Will Levis.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10067920-nfl-coach-bryce-youngs-arm-unimpressive-compared-to-richardson-stroud-levis.amp.html

I can keep going.

Bryce Young ceiling is Alex Smith.  Field general who need to be surrounded with top talent at next level to win.

Wait a minute let me get this straight. You said BY has a noodle arm and when asked to back it up you link articles that say “Young’s arm is strong enough” “velocity is good”

it isn’t madden you clown, 95% of the QBs who come and go aren’t going to have the arm of Josh Allen, Dan Marino, and Anthony Richardson. That by no means equates to a noodle arm. I can’t believe I even have to explain this to you 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Wait a minute let me get this straight. You said BY has a noodle arm and when asked to back it up you link articles that say “Young’s arm is strong enough” “velocity is good”

it isn’t madden you clown, 95% of the QBs who come and go aren’t going to have the arm of Josh Allen, Dan Marino, and Anthony Richardson. That by no means equates to a noodle arm. I can’t believe I even have to explain this to you 

april fools prank GIF

3 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

How isnt he mobile like Mahomes?  Mahomes ran in the 4.8s.  A lot of offenses run mostly shotgun and regardleed it was a decision Saban made that didnt really have anything to do with Young or his capabilities.   Just because he didnt take snaps under center doesnt mean it was because he couldnt or because he cant learn to.  People making a very big deal out of this are people who specifically want Stroud and are trying to find another knock on Young besides his size.  

We don’t know because he was to scared to do testing at the combine 😉

50 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Matt Corral did.  Cam did.  It's just a different style of leading though.  Stroud/Young/AR can all be great leaders without it.

I’ll agree with these two. Both of them didn’t want to just win the game, they wanted to destroy the other team. Run it up on them.