• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Film Breakdown Megathread

Ricky Spanish

27 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

Corral is accurate, mobile, and a fiery competitor. I think he'll make a great QB for some team willing (or forced due to injury) to play him. Probably won't be us though.

Struggles with down-the-field accuracy, but hopefully he will still come around to being a capable backup.  

36 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Tua was a better player than Bryce coming out of Alabama and he's much smaller and thinner, Corral IF (dummy's)Young is the pick IS one play away every game. In that situation with the smallest, thinnest QB in the league he better damn sure be ready. 

Corral is  a better player than Bryce anyways statistically and physically for NFL football. Hype train victim again? As is here as is the tinderbox.

Tua was a better player out of Alabama than Bryce and he's had a tough time physically.

Don't believe the hype. Stats and the truth don't lie like the fake news.

Screenshot_20230417-111627~2.png

Tua's Bama teams were at another level when it comes to offensive talent compared to Bryce.  Tua in 2018/2019 had Damien Harris, Josh Jacobs, Najee Harris, Ruggs, Waddle, DeVonta, and Jeudy.  Bryce played with some great guys too but not nearly as stacked as what Tua or even Mac Jones had.

Personally Bryce's playmaking ability gives him a big advantage over Tua for me as a prospect.  

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Major f' up if the Panthers take this guy #1. Bad judgement. Totally ignoring the advantages of the others to fall into media love with the tiniest ever to do it. The best sports agents will do that for ya.

Setting you, the team up for failure, Zach Wilson style.

200.gif

If you think Corral is a great golden lion and Young will get hurt then you should want Young. His certain injury will give Corral a chance to show what he can do. In fact is Young is so average, Corral should crush him in training camp right?

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Tua's Bama teams were at another level when it comes to offensive talent compared to Bryce.  Tua in 2018/2019 had Damien Harris, Josh Jacobs, Najee Harris, Ruggs, Waddle, DeVonta, and Jeudy.  Bryce played with some great guys too but not nearly as stacked as what Tua or even Mac Jones had.

Personally Bryce's playmaking ability gives him a big advantage over Tua for me as a prospect.  

How come Bryce doesn't have better stats than Tua, or Corral and we're supposed to accept a smaller player who can't rush like Corral, or AR, or Levis?

Yes the media would love a bottom feeder like the Jets to make a foolish move like Zach Wilson so they can laugh later.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If you think Corral is a great golden lion and Young will get hurt then you should want Young. His certain injury will give Corral a chance to show what he can do. In fact is Young is so average, Corral should crush him in training camp right?

What's best for the team is what I said above, totally sidestepping everybody's Bryce Young bluff. 

He's dropping. It's all hype. His stats don't even measure up to Tua or Corral and in comparison Corral is a prolific ground threat while Young will need constant and vigilant protection.

27 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Struggles with down-the-field accuracy, but hopefully he will still come around to being a capable backup.  

That is very true. I also forgot to mention, Corral is also downright deceitful with his play-action. Often fooling the camera. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

That is very true. I also forgot to mention, Corral is also downright deceitful with his play-action. Often fooling the camera. 

He's a EZ fade route savant he swished two in a practice and nobody else could. Great release and zip. They forgot about Matt Corral the player.

That's ok. He's had a year, training, eating, studying, lifting at Panthers HQ.

10 hours ago, rippadonn said:

How come Bryce doesn't have better stats than Tua

Did you not read my post?

Mac Jones and Tua played with far better Alabama receivers than Bryce did.  If Bryce had Ruggs, Waddle, Smith, and Jeudy, I bet you he matches or eclipses Tua's numbers.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Mage said:

Did you not read my post?

Mac Jones and Tua played with far better Alabama receivers than Bryce did.  If Bryce had Ruggs, Waddle, Smith, and Jeudy, I bet you he matches or eclipses Tua's numbers.

My favorite saying when playing WII golf is "Sometimes the numbers work". I like stats that back up film. And I abhor comparisons. Other than that, I will agree that there is a whole lot that goes into making that #1 pick,

• Beer 1