• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Film Breakdown Megathread

Ricky Spanish

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

It could happen, but RPO doesn’t necessarily mean read option. If I’m not mistake Kirk Cousins did some RPO in Minnesota over the years. It  just means the play called has a couple possibilities based off of what the qb sees from the defense. The run part, could just be a simple hand off, sure there could be read option but it’s not exclusive to RPO. Would a player like AR thrive in a RPO, you bet! But so could BY. 

In terms of thinking it’s AR all along, it’s possible, but right now, unlikely. Looking at all the tinfoil hat items: TD saying we were taking AR, our two day visit with AR (other visits were only one day), Texans supposedly canceling (not confirmed if they canceled or just didn’t schedule one) their visit with AR, Tony Pauline saying Reich wants AR and if I’m not mistaken, Fitt said ultimately, the decision is Reich’s, the trade up happened after the combine where AR blew up and young didn’t participate etc., there could be more but I can’t remember them all. I’m not saying this is going to happen or I believe it, but there are some interesting theories. 

All the insiders are reporting young, everything is pointing to young, so it’s going to be young. 

Yes, you have some very valid points!! I think it'll be Young too but Fitt is definitely  playing this close to the vest!!!  

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

oy vey if he slips past 9

It could potentially make our trade up look unnecessary, depending on which QB you favor. But I'll contend that we can't make an apples to apples comparison to how the board will shake out next Thursday, with how it would've shaken out if we stayed at 9. We changed the whole game by moving up to 1, and that will send ripple affects throughout the entire first round, making it an entirely different prospect.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Thomas Davis has apparently jumped off the Richardson train...

Well he never said the panthers should draft AR, he said that’s who he thinks/hears they will draft. Even on that NFLN clip, I believe he said it should be young. 

By thinks/hears I mean he heard ppl were enamored with AR in the building and based off of that, that’s who he thinks they will draft.

To me, this article is him saying who he feels they should draft based off his opinion. 

Edited by The Lobo
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

Well he never said the panthers should draft AR, he said that’s who he thinks/hears they will draft. Even on that NFLN clip, I believe he said it should be young. 

By thinks/hears I mean he heard ppl were enamored with AR in the building and based off of that, that’s who he thinks they will draft.

To me, this article is him saying who he feels they should draft based off his opinion. 

What did he say? I'm not paying to read the Charlotte Observer 🤣

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

What did he say? I'm not paying to read the Charlotte Observer 🤣

In this article he said he thinks young is the best and should be the pick. 

TDs quote I am referring to was in this NFLN segment with Daniel Jeremiah, who by the way at that time, was saying something similar;

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Seems like he's dropping 

I figured it was a pipe dream we would get him. I think he will be a great player, whoever gets him will be happy.

i will say, guys like kiper and McShay have whiffed and whiffed bad many times. I get it, it’s part of their job, but sometimes they are full of poo.

Edited by The Lobo
  • Pie 1

Some may be hesitant with where his mechanics & accuracy is at, but man, if this kid hits with the right coaching combo, you've got it all.  The size, agility, speed, arm, legs, game breaking ability.   

Unsure if he's gonna turn into some undeniable leader and SB caliber guy, but he does have that 1-3 year MVP-level stretch ceiling.  His sheer upside compared to the rest is just hard to ignore. 

I believe Bryce has the elite gene, creates out of structure and unreal awareness and IQ, but Richardson does have some undeniable excitement.  

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, The Lobo said:

In this article he said he thinks young is the best and should be the pick. 

TDs quote I am referring to was in this NFLN segment with Daniel Jeremiah, who by the way at that time, was saying something similar;

Durabilities. Kyler has had a tough injury history for a QB and he has way more speed and escapability and the ability to get yards on the ground.

The size concerns were alleviated with his ability to get away and get tough yards. 

AR is built for football, and everyone loves the guy but Bryce isn't. That's life.

Don't test fate. AR has the most potential and hasn't reached his ceiling yet.

Very hard for Bryce to get better, especially not being an elite athlete or having elite athletic traits in the NFL.

AR 2023! MAKE QBS 6'+AGAIN 

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1