• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Betting odds have shifted

NAS

I hate seeing this narrative that the Teppers are making the pick if it’s Young. 

That goes completely against what we’ve been told. Yes, it will be a collaborative effort, but ultimately Reich and Fitt will be making the decision. 

I feel like posters are pinning it on Tepper bc, if Bryce is the pick, they can’t deal with the fact that our veteran coaching staff prefers him over their guy. It would have to be owner influence instead of those posters poorly evaluating the best QB in the draft <eye roll>. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I hate seeing this narrative that the Teppers are making the pick if it’s Young. 

That goes completely against what we’ve been told. Yes, it will be a collaborative effort, but ultimately Reich and Fitt will be making the decision. 

I feel like posters are pinning it on Tepper bc, if Bryce is the pick, they can’t deal with the fact that our veteran coaching staff prefers him over their guy. It would have to be owner influence instead of those posters poorly evaluating the best QB in the draft <eye roll>. 

Agree!

but u know, ego is this thing that needs massaging.

they need to tell themselves something to cope.

Young was consensus #1 before the combine.

the vast majority of credible scouts & had Young 1.

Most ppl justified passing on Young due to Reich “liking” tall QBs. They would always say, young is the best QB but Reich…or but height…or but frame etc…

Scott Fitterer has been steadfast with his love for young even before the season ended. Just listened to interviews & articles.

Thomas when describing the QB he wanted in his interview pretty much described Bryce with his point guard reference.

Outside of height speculation, Reich never tipped his hand 1 way or another. 

the only 1 I can say to appear to love CJ was McCown. But they even put out reports this week that he told ppl he likes Bryce.

So no, if we draft Bryce, he wouldn’t be due to Tepper stepping in but rather the entire org making the easy & obvious choice.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, NAS said:

I get the charisma and intangibles, but he doesn't have an elite physical quality over anyone else.  And in the NFL, you have to have both

There have been plenty of great QBs without elite physical qualities.  In our division alone, we've seen Brees, Brady, and Ryan make it to the Super Bowl.  Young is shorter than them, but he's certainly a better athlete and playmaker with his legs along with comparable, if not slightly superior, arm strength.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

I heard that if Houston cannot get Young, they might trade out or take Anderson.  If that is true, I see them possibly making a substantial offer to the Panthers.  A few weeks ago, I thought it was silly to suggest such a trade since (in my mind) there were 2 elite QBs. As we get closer, it seems that there is Young and Stroud is on a lower level.

Would you take the 2024 Houston first rounder to swap with Houston?  (I know what the Stroud supporters would say, and I was one in the beginning and still like him--I think I would take that deal)

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Richardson?? Still think it’s Young.

I think Richardson will bust.  A great athlete, but no resume.  He should have played another season in college.  It is one thing to think you have a first round grade, but the objective for a QB needs to be that second contract, not the first.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think Richardson will bust.  A great athlete, but no resume.  He should have played another season in college.  It is one thing to think you have a first round grade, but the objective for a QB needs to be that second contract, not the first.

I think it depends on Whr he goes & whether they commit to building around his skill set.

his best chances for success are:

Car

indy 

giants.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, NAS said:

Bryce Young -330

CJ Stroud +225

It was complete opposite just a week ago, but this coinides with the recent media rumors coming out about Nicole and David Tepper really being smitten by Bryce Young.

I get the charisma and intangibles, but he doesn't have an elite physical quality over anyone else.  And in the NFL, you have to have both.

While Bryce Young may have better processing speed, CJ Stroud is not that far behind.  Meanwhile, when it comes to physical traits (beyond just size), Stroud has the bigger arm and is more likely to be able to make the NFL throws required to get the ball in tighter windows. 

NM, misread :3

Edited by Icege
  • The D 1