• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steven Drummond resigns

Mr. Scot

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From the article...

But it seems to me, from reading the tea leaves, that Drummond knew he was never going to become the Panthers’ team president after Coleman’s promotion. And, since a team presidency wasn’t in the cards and Drummond is ambitious, it was probably time to think about other options.

It’s been obvious that Drummond wasn’t as integral a part of the organization as he had been over the past few months. Although Drummond was on the search committee that hired Matt Rhule as head coach, he wasn’t a part of the one that hired Frank Reich in January, and hadn’t been spotted at high-profile Panther events this offseason, as he normally would be.

Fowler seems kinda pissed about it 😕

Fowler might have lost his inside source.  

• Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Icege said:

A person's appearance very much can be an extension of their culture, experience, background, etc.

It seems as if we are at a standstill. 

Correct me if I mischaracterize you. 

Are you saying that focusing on our differences (in this case, skin color or melanin levels in the skin) is productive towards the goal of equality? 

If so, I can’t fundamentally agree with that. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Probably similar to someone who is "Chief supervising officer of human sanitation" = janitor. 

I've seen people in big corporations literally come up with a new job title and role just to get their friends a job. Nepotism at its finest. 

In the NFL, adding a new title is a common tactic to get someone a raise and/or retain them if other teams are trying to lure them away.

35 minutes ago, t96 said:

Good, those reports about him being like that Texans douche were very concerning. Dude was a PR/communications guy for 15 years then is all of a sudden qualified to be promoted to "VP of football ops"??? That was very sketchy.

Happened under Rhule...

I kinda put Drummond in the same category I did Hurney. Mind you, not in the sense that he was bad at his job (most people said otherwise) but more that while he wasn't really a scout or a personnel guy, he "made himself essential" to David Tepper after he'd bought the team.

Said before, my guess is he won't be replaced.

VP of Football Ops is not necessarily a football-centric position (though it may seem so from the title). it could be anything from coordinating travel to managing stadium operations to arranging media appearances, coordinating charity endeavors, etc. it's perfectly reasonable for someone with a long tenure in communications for the Panthers to ascend to that kind of role.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

the “i’m going to pursue other interests” line makes this feel a lot like he didn’t get along with someone and didn’t want to put up with it any more.

Fowler believes he wanted the team president job that went to Kristi Coleman.