• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did the S2 TEST take CJ out?

Ivory Panther

Doesn't matter how fast he processes targets when he can thread needles to his primary receiver at will... watch this dude's highlights... there's no such thing as a "covered" receiver, he just needs an inch of separation and he can get you the ball wherever on the field. Can't test that.

50 minutes ago, Matthias said:

I read a random comment saying Young has taken this test (or something similar) since he was in high school.  I don't know if this is true, but I wouldn't doubt it seeing his dad is a psychologist or something like that.  It brings up an interesting point of whether this test is more of a standardized one, something you can prep for and get better at it the more you take it.  According to Albert Breer, Young scored a 98.

All that said, if I were an agent for future first round value QBs, I would tell them straight up, "DON'T TAKE THIS TEST"!!!!!  According to some, Stroud should now go undrafted because of this test. (Being funny)

I’m pretty sure the company that does the testing are the folks that put out that Young’s been taking this since high school. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Fright said:

Doesn't matter how fast he processes targets when he can thread needles to his primary receiver at will... watch this dude's highlights... there's no such thing as a "covered" receiver, he just needs an inch of separation and he can get you the ball wherever on the field. Can't test that.

I still think his game against Utah in the bowl game 2 seasons ago was the best I have seen any QB from this class look in a game. Yes, I know he had elite WRs, but the dude threw relatively difficult routes (comebacks, long outs, flag routes) with pinpoint accuracy. And that was with Ohio St. having no run game and no defense in that game.

I think both Stroud and Young will be great. I am still worried about durability for Young, especially if we try to make him scramble a lot like Hurts.

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Part of that is we had poo receivers at Florida. His completion percent in the pros will be higher. 

I’ve seen too many clips of him throwing the ball into the ground for that to be all it is. Besides, every Florida fan I’ve talked to says Trask was better. 

Not trying to be controversial, but I do find it interesting the correlation between people who are strict Stroud supporters and who say the S2 Test is meaningless.  If Stroud scored high would these people be believers in the test?  

Sidenote: I do think you'd see the same phenomenon if Bryce scored low.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

I’ve seen too many clips of him throwing the ball into the ground for that to be all it is. Besides, every Florida fan I’ve talked to says Trask was better. 

I’m the biggest Florida fan on here, regularly post on r/CFB and r/FloridaGators . Trask is a college QB. Richardson can be more in the pros. 

Trask also threw to Toney and Pitts and you saw his performance in the bowl game without them. Like 3 picks in the first quarter. Richardson is built better for the pros. 

1 minute ago, LoneSpaceDrone said:

Not trying to be controversial, but I do find it interesting the correlation between people who are strict Stroud supporters and who say the S2 Test is meaningless.  If Stroud scored high would these people be believers in the test?  

Sidenote: I do think you'd see the same phenomenon if Bryce scored low.

I’m a big Fields fan and lots of folks here hate him and he scored in the 90s on the test , too. I don’t think the test is important. But for folks boosting the test as important it should show them that Justin would be killing it if given time to actually make plays and had NFL caliber players on his offense. 

I feel like most people in this thread have no idea what this test is. Especially the guy who said he took it online lmao. It's proprietary and as far as I know, nothing else out there like it. From their website:

Athletes perform a 30-45-minute evaluation on a specialized laptop computer that measures how they process and make split-second decisions in their sport.

I don't think anyone is taking this test on some random website online.

• Pie 1