• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person: Richardson still in the conversation...if we trade down

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

This true, I think it's more likely to happen on draft day if at all. For the record, Albert Breer thinks a trade is highly unlikely, and he is not what I would call a bad or whimsical insider.

Good point.  I could see us using 33 and 39 to get back into the first and draft JSN or Porter Jr (both came in for visits) to go with AR.  Would we value AR and JSN over Young and Downs for example.  It's interesting and I'm glad I'm not making the decision.  

On 4/13/2023 at 8:52 AM, Mr. Scot said:

Person says the Panthers wouldn't be expected to take Richardson at #1, but could consider him a possible option If they traded down to #2 (which is apparently still on the table).

Joe still believes it will probably be Young or Stroud either way.

I’m glad you added the 2 nd part because some media outlets decided to run with this without the major caveat..

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Good point.  I could see us using 33 and 39 to get back into the first and draft JSN or Porter Jr (both came in for visits) to go with AR.  Would we value AR and JSN over Young and Downs for example.  It's interesting and I'm glad I'm not making the decision.  

I think the Panthers care more about getting the right Face of the Franchise, more than the extra corner or wr that they could possibly (if they are still around) trade up for. 

Edited by Jaxel

6 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I think the Panthers care more about getting the right Face of the Franchise, more than the extra corner or wr that they could possibly (if they are still around) trade up for. 

Also, I’ll be floored if we get 33 for #1 overall. MAYBE a third. People acting like 12 is remotely on the table could not be more delusional.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Also, I’ll be floored if we get 33 for #1 overall. MAYBE a third. People acting like 12 is remotely on the table could not be more delusional.

It might not be on the table, but it would be poor business to not start at that point if you're Carolina. Unless we add some draft capital going back to HOU, we're not getting 12, but put that on the Texans to shoot down. 

This is why we moved to 1 - to be in control of the draft. Houston balked at CHI to move up one spot and they have to be kicking themselves currently. 

You can't get what you don't ask for.....even if you know 33 or the '24 FRP is what you end up with. 

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Well look at it like this. There are 2 anomalies in this draft, Bryce Young and Anthony Richardson.  One is the smallest qb to ever suit up in the nfl. There other is a man child the likes of which we've never seen.  The little guy has 3 years of development on the man child. The big guy is un-molded clay needing an Allstar coaching staff to mold. The little guy has mostly been molded by someone else. Where do you go?

Lol that may have been the best description of this draft process. Thankfully we have an all star cast for a coaching staff.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Lol that may have been the best description of this draft process. Thankfully we have an all star cast for a coaching staff.

They've both been in college the same amount of time, one just figured it out faster and is currently an entire universe better.

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

They've both been in college the same amount of time, one just figured it out faster and is currently an entire universe better.

A lot of analyst have said AR was in a bad situation in FLA, starting from the coaching staff all the way to skill players. But yes you are right, young is better right now.

4 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

A lot of analyst have said AR was in a bad situation in FLA, starting from the coaching staff all the way to skill players. But yes you are right, young is better right now.

Also, unless AR started college when he was 16 I'm not sure how they have the same amount of college time. Richardson is only 20 and a redshirt sophomore. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Also, unless AR started college when he was 16 I'm not sure how they have the same amount of college time. Richardson is only 20 and a redshirt sophomore. 

They came into college the same year in the same recruiting class.

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The only way they go future 1rst is if they value young as a superstar mahomes, trevor etc level talent.  And to date as you posted above they most certainly do not. 

Having said that if fitt can finagle a future first and come away with stroud or AR I will never say an ill word about him.   I just dont think things like that work in the nfl

It was rumored Houston offered Chicago a future 1st. If we believe the rumor and are concerned about Young’s size, the Panthers could trade back 1 spot, take the 1st and get AR or CJ. IF those concerns are valid and Young gets pancaked early, that first could up as a 1st or 2nd pick. Even if it ended up as a top 5, Harrison Jr would be a nice consolation prize. 

On 4/13/2023 at 10:43 AM, mrcompletely11 said:

So here is the timeline of the past 72ish hours:

Texans are not sold on Stroud and may go Anderson

National guys and local beat reporters start saying its young

Panther guys still say a trade down is available

Young meets with Texans

Person reports we like AR and would be a pick if we trade down

thats choppy I admit but if you add that up it kindof does look like we are trying to bait houston to trade

Yeah I said the same thing in an another thread and got blasted…