• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person: Richardson still in the conversation...if we trade down

Mr. Scot

I don't understand it - if they Panthers trade back so the Texans take Bryce, then suddenly at 2 Richardson is the favorite? So we don't really care about Stroud at all, even though he is in contention for the number 1 pick?

Guys, it's going to be Young. He is and always was the best in the draft. All the language has pointed to it, all the signs. The media just ran with the height thing, and that's started to fall apart.

2 hours ago, frankw said:

I think a trade down only happens if the Texans offer another first. I don't see them getting that desperate.

99.9% chance we stay at 1.

That 33rd is basically a one and remember miami forfeited a first rounder so it kinda bumps the pick up even more. Throw in another later pick and maybe a future pick im taking that deal. 

3 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I don't understand it - if they Panthers trade back so the Texans take Bryce, then suddenly at 2 Richardson is the favorite? So we don't really care about Stroud at all, even though he is in contention for the number 1 pick?

Guys, it's going to be Young. He is and always was the best in the draft. All the language has pointed to it, all the signs. The media just ran with the height thing, and that's started to fall apart.

Not the favorite, just "in the discussion".

Person still considers Stroud and Young the favorites.

Edited by Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

That 33rd is basically a one and remember miami forfeited a first rounder so it kinda bumps the pick up even more. Throw in another later pick and maybe a future pick im taking that deal. 

Hell no!

The #12 pick must be included for us to consider it.

13 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I would take #33 or next year's first.

Getting #12 would be great though.

2 hours ago, Jaxel said:

Oh is his height (and weight) no longer an issue? Excellent.

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

We did not trade away everything we did (the picks AND DJ) to trade down and take a guy that we had a shot at getting with the number 9 pick anyway.

This isn't a smokescreen, these are fart bubbles in a tub -- don't be the guy who bites at them.

He's not making it past the Colts / Seahawks / Raiders (all without trade ups).

We went to #1 to get into the QB conversation.

35 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He's not making it past the Colts / Seahawks / Raiders (all without trade ups).

We went to #1 to get into the QB conversation.

Don't bite the bubbles, man. It has always been about Young and Stroud since we made that leap, otherwise we'd have gone for the cheaper run at the Cardinals' pick and would have been able to keep DJ.

And I'm willing to bet that three years from now, we're going to see that the 3rd best QB in this draft wasn't even taken in the first round, much less was it Richardson or Levis.

10 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Don't bite the bubbles, man. It has always been about Young and Stroud since we made that leap, otherwise we'd have gone for the cheaper run at the Cardinals' pick and would have been able to keep DJ.

And I'm willing to bet that three years from now, we're going to see that the 3rd best QB in this draft wasn't even taken in the first round, much less was it Richardson or Levis.

We've no idea what the Cardinals were asking for. Just that it wasn't 'significantly less' than the Bears.

It might not have been Moore, but it might have been an extra 2nd round pick.

I agree that I don't think Young, Stroud and Richardson are going to pan out - which is why I can't get behind the "I'm happy with any" mentality. You have to evaluate and work out which one / two aren't going to succeed and why.

I've nailed my colours to the mast - I think Richardson is the potential superstar of this group.

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

We've no idea what the Cardinals were asking for. Just that it wasn't 'significantly less' than the Bears.

It might not have been Moore, but it might have been an extra 2nd round pick.

I agree that I don't think Young, Stroud and Richardson are going to pan out - which is why I can't get behind the "I'm happy with any" mentality. You have to evaluate and work out which one / two aren't going to succeed and why.

I've nailed my colours to the mast - I think Richardson is the potential superstar of this group.

I think all 3 have the ability to pan out, but it really matter WHERE they land.  I honestly think we are one of the better places for an early selected QB to land because....

1) We were a 500 team once we fired Rhule and we traded UP for the top pick meaning we are a good step above the bottom teams.  

2) We have a young solid OL to protect our rookie QB

3) We have a former QB offensive minded HC plus our staff in all in on supporting our QB

4) We have a talented DC with some talented players to work with on defense so we won't have to lean on our rookie QB too much

5) We should have a strong running game with Sanders and Chuba behind that power running OL

For example I think any of the 3 have a lot better shot at becoming special if they are picked by us at 1 vs Houston at 2

• Beer 1