• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So this is supposed to be our new QB

bobcat91

1 minute ago, frankw said:

The injury that resulted in the rotator cuff surgery happened that day. Cam was still slinging it in 2018. If you're arguing the Watt hit wasn't the final straw for that shoulder we'll just have to agree to disagree. No problem.

Cam was already limited at practice before the Steelers game because of his shoulder. Think he was added after the Eagles game. And if my memory is correct, he did not even throw during that week before the hmm was it Ravens the week after?

Anyway. Obviously the Tj Watt hit was not what busted his shoulder again. It was already messed up. 

His stats that season, before and after the Steelers game, was the same. 

• Beer 1

Honestly I wouldnt even care about Young's size but watching him have to run into a 50 yard thrown ball, that cuts out a a huge option of deep balls. No one will respect that Safeties will break up sooner if the balls not thrown. I'm trying to get behind it but it looks like Mayfield fans calling for this, He just has it! Does he?

Is it just me or does Young look way more like Geoff than CJ? I watched CJ chunking 65 with a flick. Mind you I called Reggie Bush a bust. Translation is everything. How anyone thinks a guy who is never under center, backyard footballs the shizz out of it and can barely throw the ball 50 yards on a run will translate, it just baffles me.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Is it just me or does Young look way more like Geoff than CJ? I watched CJ chunking 65 with a flick. Mind you I called Reggie Bush a bust. Translation is everything. How anyone thinks a guy who is never under center, backyard footballs the shizz out of it and can barely throw the ball 50 yards on a run will translate, it just baffles me.

@FrankReich

41 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

can barely throw the ball 50 yards on a run will translate, it just baffles me.

You mean this one?

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/32569965

or this one?

or this one?

I have no idea how far he throws it, but whether it's 50 yards or 65 yards, or 99 yards, safeties won't be able to ignore it. He can clearly throw 50 yards and hit receivers in stride with his feet planted.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

You mean this one?

or this one?

or this one?

I have no idea how far he throws it, but whether it's 50 yards or 65 yards, or 99 yards, safeties won't be able to ignore it. He can clearly throw 50 yards and hit receivers in stride with his feet planted.

Absolute dimes…he did this his entire career.  The double move by JWilliams and still putting perfectly in stride is nuts 

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

You mean this one?

or this one?

or this one?

The first pass was this past season, the receiver clearly has to slow down on his route to catch the ball and ends up getting tackle before goaline because of it. 

Second pass was back in 2021 when he was definitely slinging it a lot harder and hitting guys in stride. He wasn't throwing like that this past season. No zip, velocity   and balls were hanging in the air way to much to where receivers had to adjust on routes for catches. 

10 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

You mean this one?

or this one?

or this one?

Both look like 50 in the air to me. Top video the WR has to slow up a small bit to wait to catch it. If it hits him in stride it’s a TD. 

Bottom video he underthrew it and the WR had to turn back to catch it. Also had three full seconds to throw the ball and no pressure around him at all. 

He has the arm to complete throws in the NFL but he’s going to have to be more pinpoint accurate than some of the others at the top of this class.