• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OFFICIAL: Bryce Young cancels remaining team visits

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

And if he doesnt, i hope you ready to go down with that ship. Because you definitely not getting off it. Remember, the warning signs have always been there on this kid...yall ignored them and proclaimed him a sure thing already. Stand by your guy. Thats all if he is picked.

Talking to the wrong guy my man.

I never had a favorite. I was fine with Young/Stroud/AR.

I just thought based off film Young had the better tape than the other QB's. Im confident he will be the right guy. Throw size out the window. This kid has the "it factor".

4 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

2023 NFL Mock Draft - Charlie Campbell WalterFootBall.Com Senior Draft Analyst Last update: Monday, April 17,

Most Correct Mock Picks in Major NFL Draft Media: 2014 and 2017. 2nd in 2021 Led all NFL media in correct picks for the 2017, 2019, and 2022 NFL Draft2nd Place in all NFL media with correct picks for 2021

# 1  Draft Choice  NFL Team Logo for Panthers Carolina Panthers: Bryce Young, QB, Alabama

Carolina is desperate for a quarterback and gave up a ton to acquire the first pick of the 2023 NFL Draft. Here at No. 1, I could see the Panthers debating whether to take C.J. Stroud because his pocket passing could be a positive to Frank Reich - given his work with Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz and Philip Rivers in Indianapolis -, but Young is probably the favorite of ownership and the front office.

Some team people say they think Carolina wants Young, although others think the franchise wants Stroud. With the final rounds of draft meetings and visits coming up, the Panthers have a few more weeks to build a consensus on who they want to work with as their future franchise quarterback. Right now, I am leaning toward Young, but my choice could definitely change.

Young is a true assassin on the football field capable of taking over games and carrying his team to wins. He is a very accurate passer, showing superb placement, a fantastic ability to throw into tight windows, and excellent feel.

Games look slowly paced for Young, whose natural instincts are off the charts. He is also a dangerous runner who offers superb escapability and is extremely dangerous to make plays off schedule.

The only knock on Young ( A little over 5-10, 204 Lb. ) is his size, but he was durable overall in his two years as a starter in the SEC.

In 2022, Young completed 65 percent of his passes for 3,328 yards, 32 touchdowns and five interceptions. He picked up four touchdowns on the ground as well.

Young  took over as Alabama's starting quarterback in 2021, and there was a lot of hype about him in the scouting community.

Some NFL sources believe Young's skill set and style of play are similar to those of Kyler Murray. In 2021, Young completed 67 percent of his passes for 4,872 yards, 47 touchdowns and seven interceptions.

I wonder if Charlie's source inside the org is gone, last 5 years he's locked down the Panthers pick around this time but his mock today he says he's still unsure what they are doing.

He was the only national draft analyst to say that Panthers were going Jaycee Horn unless Sewell was still there, and that they removed Slater and Fields off their board.

Regardless it appears he's going with Young who seems to be the pick with all the hoopla and betting action today, unless we are all getting fooled.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Talking to the wrong guy my man.

I never had a favorite. I was fine with Young/Stroud/AR.

I just thought based off film Young had the better tape than the other QB's. Im confident he will be the right guy. Throw size out the window. This kid has the "it factor".

Most of the Young supporters were fine with the other QB's.  It was the Stroud Boys size queens who made post after negative post on Young. 

At one point one said that Stroud had no negatives and that's when I called BS and started harping on his pressured play, which was one of the worst in college football.

If we do take Stroud, I'm all in.

But at this point, that doesn't seem likely.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Most of the Young supporters were fine with the other QB's.  It was the Stroud Boys size queens who made post after negative post on Young. 

At one point one said that Stroud had no negatives and that's when I called BS and started harping on his pressured play, which was one of the worst in college football.

Be Kind To Yourself Mental Health GIF by Positively Ghostly

Heavy on #1

Edited by PanthersGOATFan336

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

This is true. I only remember maybe 2 Young fans who felt the same. All I seen this offseason is Bryce Young is small jokes.

They judging the book by it's cover. Which is what I did early in the process. But when you actually watch the film Bryce Young plays much bigger than his size. Let the doubters continue to doubt. They will be proven wrong in due time.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I wonder if Charlie's source inside the org is gone, last 5 years he's locked down the Panthers pick around this time but his mock today he says he's still unsure what they are doing.

He was the only national draft analyst to say that Panthers were going Jaycee Horn unless Sewell was still there, and that they removed Slater and Fields off their board.

Regardless it appears he's going with Young who seems to be the pick with all the hoopla and betting action today, unless we are all getting fooled.

Matt Rhule and his staff of amateurs had more leaks than a sinking ship.

• Beer 1