• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young makes sense

Gash

The Panthers value players on rookie contracts. That how you win in today's NFL. Young will step in and play right away. You get 4 to 5 years of a starting QB on a rookie deal and you have enough resources to put talent around him and also build depth. Successful teams have depth, and the Panthers have not had it the past several seasons.

Young's intellect and processing suggest that he will learn the offense and be able to apply those skills to the NFL right away. He's done it at every level so far. 

Additionally, the Panthers will continue to have QBs on the roster (Corral, Eason, draft) to develop behind Young and provide insurance.

$50 million is a lot of cap to dedicate to one player. Its ok with me if we get 4 years of top level play out of Young so that we have options when its time for him to get paid the big bucks. The Panthers will have someone ready to step in and start on a cheaper deal if they can't keep him on a reasonable salary.

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

42 minutes ago, Gash said:

The Panthers value players on rookie contracts. That how you win in today's NFL. Young will step in and play right away. You get 4 to 5 years of a starting QB on a rookie deal and you have enough resources to put talent around him and also build depth. Successful teams have depth, and the Panthers have not had it the past several seasons.

Young's intellect and processing suggest that he will learn the offense and be able to apply those skills to the NFL right away. He's done it at every level so far. 

Additionally, the Panthers will continue to have QBs on the roster (Corral, Eason, draft) to develop behind Young and provide insurance.

$50 million is a lot of cap to dedicate to one player. Its ok with me if we get 4 years of top level play out of Young so that we have options when its time for him to get paid the big bucks. The Panthers will have someone ready to step in and start on a cheaper deal if they can't keep him on a reasonable salary.

Young is shorter and lighter than Tua. Please explain to me what will prevent this from happening to him? 

• Flames 2

12 minutes ago, Panthers L said:

Young is shorter and lighter than Tua. Please explain to me what will prevent this from happening to him? 

Stroud is also skinnier and lighter than Tua.  Also not good at handling pressure.

explain to me what will prevent this from happening to him? 

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2

9 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Stroud is also skinnier and lighter than Tua.  Also not good at handling pressure.

explain to me what will prevent this from happening to him? 

He has elite processing, reactions, and ability to avoid contact. Have you not been paying attention?

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Young, Stroud, Richardson all make sense. Whoever we like best, I like best.

I agree. Richardson and Stroud may or may not be ready to take on an NFL offense. The consensus is that Young is.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1