• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Sound off like you got a pair Panthers Draft predictions thread

Zod

With the first overall pick the Panthers announce they have invented the first fully functional Time Machine capable of sending someone back in time and bringing back younger versions of human beings to the present time. The sacrifice is the person who goes back in time must stay in the past as to not rupture the space time continuum for some reason that’s explained in the fine print and totally explains how you wouldn’t meet the younger version of yourself in the past. The Panthers announce using this technology that they have drafted 23 year old Peyton Manning from the past and everyone immediately forgets he started playing in the NFL 25 years ago and the history of the NFL is changed to a point that no one is able to remember the way it was in the other timeline. They use this technology to assemble a team of hall of fame level players from the past in their primes. Unfortunately the Time Machine causes a rip in the multiverse and a Cyberplex robot from the year 3651 is mistakenly sent to the year 2023. The robot splits earth into two halves that orbit each other around the sun that the robot has now encapsulated with an aluminum case to harvest the sun’s fusion energy. Humanity and all life on earth is destroyed in the process. With all the energy of the sun at the robot’s disposal and no comparable robots to compete with, the Cyberplex robot colonizes all the planets of the solar system and beyond, creating an army of vicious star harvesting robots that consume all energy in the galaxy. The universe is extinguished of all light and energy within 5 million years. With all energy and atomic processes halted, the fabric of the universe itself collapses inward which creates an inverse black hole that resets the mistaken multiverse timeline where the Cyberplex robot was mistakenly sent to the year 2023. The timeline is reset to just before the announcement of the Time Machine is made public where an Angel of Reason destroys the Time Machine and all memory of it for all eternity. 

With the natural order of time restored and Al things set right with the space time continuum, the Panthers select QB Bryce Young to mixed reactions from the fanbase. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 4

Here is my most realistic mock with what I think the Panthers would ideally like to do. FWIW we have met with most of these prospects. 

Trade down: New coaching staff will want new blood. We have a lot of draft capital this year (7th most) but it's concentrated in 6 picks. Fitty has mentioned multiple times how important it was to keep 39. Unless they have a round 1 talent sitting there (unlikely most teams have about 15 guys with a true round 1 grade each draft) I think we wanted to keep it to move back a bit in the second and recoup some capital. Without further adieu here is a break down of each selection

1- Young, best prospect in the draft at most important position

2- Sanders, best off ball LB in the draft, can also rush the passer, would be the starter next to Shaq at ILB on our new defense

3- Mingo, underrated WR prospect, one of the few guys in this draft with the size and potential to be a true 'X' WR, obvious need as well

4- Rush, local guy addresses CB #3 spot and I believe could eventually be a very good #2 CB in this league fits the size requirements we look for in CB

5- Young, developmental edge who provides immediate pass rush ability on third and long

6- Kuntz, one of the best developmental prospects (go look at his RAS) in the draft at TE (a position that notoriously does not contribute right away)

7 Wooden, DL depth

8- Mitchell, a change of pace back that would contribute on third down 

Edited by SOJA
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, Craig Cartner said:

Wait the draft is in a week?? I need to study up on some of these QB's. We picking at 9 correct?

Did we bring anyone in for visits?

Make sure to read about Malik Willis, I'm convinced he's who we are taking 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Fright said:

We draft Young....

only to regret it by week 6 as Stroud starts to show signs of being elite while Young struggles. 

I can't imagine being this pessimistic. We could take Levis first overall and I guarantee you by 10 pm I'll convince myself we just drafted the next Mahomes

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

My dream draft.

Trade back from 1 to 2, aquire 24 1st and 65. 

Trade back from 2 to 4, get future 1st and 35.

Draft AR at 4, Hyatt at 35, Campbell or Ojulari at 39. 

Next year target Harrison Jr, Williams or Maye, or trade away for a buttload of future 1sts. 

I want AR over Young though. 

My expected draft, Young at 1. 

• Flames 1