• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer on WFNZ this morning

TheSpecialJuan

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, sure 😆

I've said already I think it's Young and I'm okay with it, but it's also wise to keep all things in context.

For example, if you listen to the podcast you'll hear the above quote was in response to a direct question about Young. It's not like Fitterer just said that offhand.

Always check the context. Twitter quotes don't necessarily tell you everything.

Also worth noting, that question fitty gave that answer to was specifically about Young right? 

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Also worth noting, that question fitty gave that answer to was specifically about Young right? 

Correct.

It's one of the things that feeds the confirmation bias some folks have. Reporters right now only seem to ask about Young. Then Fitterer answers a question and someone acts like he just spontaneously brought him up.

Nobody asks about Stroud. Then someone notes "Oh,he didn't mention Stroud" . Well, no he didn't...because he wasn't asked about him. If he did mention him unprompted, people's tongues would start wagging, so he's wise not to.

To be clear, I think Young is probably going to be the pick, but I've learned to never assume anything for certain until the actual pick is announced.

(hell, Jason Peter taught me that)

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Correct.

It's one of the things that feeds the confirmation bias some folks have. Reporters right now only seem to ask about Young. Then Fitterer answers a question and someone acts like he just spontaneously brought him up.

Nobody asks about Stroud. Then someone notes "Oh,he didn't mention Stroud" . Well, no he didn't...because he wasn't asked about him. If he did mention him unprompted, people's tongues would start wagging, so he's wise not to.

To be clear, I think Young is probably going to be the pick, but I've learned to never assume anything for certain until the actual pick is announced.

(hell, Jason Peter taught me that)

Yup. I’m with you, all signs point to Young, but there is a chance something else could happen…

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He didn't talk about Richardson either...until he was asked about him.

It's a smart move if you're being cagey to not bring up anyone's name unless you're asked.

Actually he did talk about AR.  Briefly.  Not sure it’s on that podcast but he did on WFNZ this morning 

54 minutes ago, GOAT said:

wait are there actually people that think it's not gonna be Bryce?

I think it's down to one poster not believing it, but he is just in denial right now.  Give him time...  There are a couple that are grumpy about it, but that's ok.  

43 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I think Kaye said that the day of the press conference, it was either Tuesday or very soon I believe 

He did say the decision would be made early next week but I don't remember him mentioning a presser.

They had one this week. Not sure why they'd need one again until the pick is made.

• Beer 1