• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Bryce Young scored 98 out of 99 on his S2 cognitive test

TheSpecialJuan

This owner has invested heavily in analytics, but anyone paying attention could see Young is physically limited with no physically elite skills. This team disregarded over 100 years of data because Young is a football savant. However, football is a big man’s game. A QB not only has to make the right reads, but he also must be able to throw all the routes. I don’t believe Young has the skills to do that in the NFL. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, there's probably folks sitting in boardrooms who could score very well on the S2 test but they lack the physical ability to play QB in the NFL. At some point there are simply physical prerequisites that no amount of mental ability will be able to overcome. I hope Bryce is on the right side of that line.

there are mouth breathers on this forum who could score well on that test. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I was really hoping he’d show up to camp looking like he added some real weight over the offseason. It was a real let down when he showed up looking the same. I would’ve settled for some newbie gains but we didn’t even get that 

It looked like he was just concerned about the weigh in and not the reality of what he was really going to face. It jives with the preseason approach and thinking a rookie QB is fine if you don't establish the run or even use the more effecting RB after the first game. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Towelboy said:

This owner has invested heavily in analytics, but anyone paying attention could see Young is physically limited with no physically elite skills. This team disregarded over 100 years of data because Young is a football savant. However, football is a big man’s game. A QB not only has to make the right reads, but he also must be able to throw all the routes. I don’t believe Young has the skills to do that in the NFL. 

sometimes the NFL/sports comes down to not playing by the textbook.    We wouldn't of made either Super Bowl if Jake and Cam just went about playing smart.  Hell, look at Mahomes.  You need a QB willing to take the proper amount of risks.   Not saying Young can't get there.  But he has never really been that style QB. 

Risk is part of sports. 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Wow looks like the season of Huddle manchildren bumping old ass threads to brag about what big smart football boys they are has arrived early this year

Huddlers = manchildren for bumping "old ass threads" ( from this past offseason ) is worse than putting stock into a test before the kids play a snap in the NFL? 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Coming from someone who was team Stroud, I would be very careful about taking victory laps after week 3 in terms of draft prospects.  There was a time when Mods cracked down on bumping old threads now I login and there are like 4-5 all at the top....

Mods? The mods are doing half this stuff. That proudiddy guy starts half this poo. he literally has a thread on the front page telling everyone to stop being fans of this team 2 games into our ROOKIE qb career. its unreal