• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Bryce Young scored 98 out of 99 on his S2 cognitive test

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

the texans picked stroud because they had to. sometimes that's enough to get the right guy. remember who was picked ahead of peyton manning? we don't need to fabricate theories to justify how inpet the panthers have been. it's been two games. we all (most of us) defended cam through all of his lows for years. bryce is our guy now and it's clear the franchise is doing him no favors currently. it sucks to watch stroud light it up but that doesn't mean poo for either of their career trajectories. 

it's hard to be patient. the memes are funny but my gripe is and will continue to be with the front office and "all star coaching staff" that nico....i mean david tepper's brain trust assembled. 

We need Corbett back and to let Brown call plays.  The former running game coordinator and assistant coach for McVay.  Our running game is currently our weakness, let Brown do his thing.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Jmac said:

I never said he was suicidal. Had a mental health issue.....period

You didn't read the articles. 

They talked about Alabama providing mental health support for Athletes and the interviews were with Sabam and Young because they were coach and most prominent player on the team. Anything beyond that is insinuation on your part 

• Pie 1

Just now, csx said:

They talked about Alabama providing mental health support for Athletes and the interviews were with Sabam and Young because they were coach and most prominent player on the team. Anything beyond that is insinuation on your part 

Watch the NBC video. He indeed talked to someone. And it's not a big deal.

3 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Watch the NBC video. He indeed talked to someone. And it's not a big deal.

And  dude portraying using and promoting the services available to them as some sort of red flag is total drama fabricating BS.

Nothing is too low for this community when it comes to creating narratives

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, csx said:

https://x.com/CBSSportsNet/status/1578044516921217025?s=20

https://x.com/CBSSportsNet/status/1578044516921217025?s=20

I mean, the special literally has Bryce talking about it and acknowledging getting help at Alabama (first clip) at the 2:50 mark. 

• Pie 1

I'm not shitting on anyone getting help for anything. If you need help then get it. 

I do have a problem with professionals setting up folks to fail especially if they have had mental health issues around failure before. If you know he is a person who is hard on himself and has exhibited negative behaviors before because of it, I would not have loaded his plate first thing. 

So what he doesn't start right away. Should have let him learn the game from the sideline and get used to the cadence of NFL games and NFL game speed.

Worst case for both parties if he blows a gasket and hurts his confidence. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, csx said:

And  dude portraying using and promoting the services available to them as some sort of red flag is total drama fabricating BS.

Here come the Huddle overreactions!  He got counseling before???  OMG is he mentally equipped to be in the NFL?  He is going to be hyper aware of his mental well being seeing how his dad helps people with that professionally.  Being an advocate for it and being open about his experience with it is a good thing.  

34 minutes ago, csx said:

They knew he had an issue in the past and still started him the first game anyway. Pressure on young players is immense, especially the #1 pick. The only  "narrative" I am creating is it wasn't the best thing for him or the team. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Isn't this your guy though?

https://x.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1706282546206527665?s=20

The awkward irony is that if we're actually playing armchair GM here, then we wouldn't have even drafted CJ Stroud if you were making the decisions.  We'd have Justin Fields, whom we'd have hitched our wagon to, still convinced that he's our franchise QB.  It seems like many of the same people making every excuse in the book for Fields in his 3rd season with a 5-28 record as a starter, are the ones who have abandoned Bryce after 2 games.  And you are certainly the poster boy for it, which I would consider one of the most egregious double standards I've seen in my dozen humble years browsing this forum.

BTW I'm also on record as wanting to draft Stroud this year.  The difference is that I'm not gleefully circle-jerking about it right now, because I'd rather my football team do well than crave vindication about something.  Or maybe all this overcompensation about Stroud is your way of trying to sweep your Fields love under the rug and distance yourself from that association.  But Pepperidge Farm remembers...

The irony is if we had drafted Justin Fields we would know right now he ISNT our guy and we wouldn't have traded away our first rounder next year and DJ Moore to find out about a guy who is 5'8 180. I missed on Fields. I've been correct on everyone else I have backed. I have no problem admitting the truth. We would be in the running for Caleb Williams. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

42 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Here come the Huddle overreactions!  He got counseling before???  OMG is he mentally equipped to be in the NFL?  He is going to be hyper aware of his mental well being seeing how his dad helps people with that professionally.  Being an advocate for it and being open about his experience with it is a good thing.  

almost no human is equipped to deal with what a #1 draft pick NFL QB is given.  You always want them to go to strong organization that sets them up for success for that very reason. 

I have zero issues with Bryce Young.  I have had a lot with the Panthers and I started voicing them right before the season started.   They have done a bad job.  And it frankly isn't a surprise.  This is not the surroundings that are ideal for a QB of his style.  It's basically what you wouldn't want to do.  That's not on Bryce.  That's on Carolina.   and I am not one of the posters that will pretend the situation is okay because Andy Dalton wasn't a flaming bag of dog poo vs a bad defense. 

Bryce Young isn't the issue.  Carolina built a garbage offense with bad playcalling around him pending he was the QB (and a rookie version).  That's the real takeaway. That's the point.  That's the problem. 

• Pie 1

Maybe I'm insane but I think Justin Fields would look like Jalen Hurts in our offense. Assuming we would have kept CMC and Moore, we'd have a nice power running game and legit receiving threat. You can say "Fields can't throw' but out of the 5Qbs that have started games for the Panthers in the last 5 years, Fields is no worse than 2nd.

TLDR: We'd be in a better situation had we just drafted Justin Fields

Edited by Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks

23 minutes ago, CRA said:

almost no human is equipped to deal with what a #1 draft pick NFL QB is given.  You always want them to go to strong organization that sets the up for success for that very reason. 

I have zero issues with Bryce Young.  I have had a lot with the Panthers and I started voicing them right before the season started.   They have done a bad job.  And it frankly isn't a surprise.  This is not the surroundings that are ideal for a QB of his style.  It's basically what you wouldn't want to do.  That's not on Bryce.  That's on Carolina.   and I am not one of the posters that will pretend the situation is okay because Andy Dalton wasn't a flaming bag of dog poo vs a bad defense. 

Bryce Young isn't the issue.  Carolina built a garbage offense with bad playcalling around him pending he was the QB (and a rookie version).  That's the real takeaway. That's the point.  That's the problem. 

I won't argue with any of that.  Lack of play makers, lack of depth, now add the injuries, and to top it all off you have Reich who wants to put his stamp on the offense instead of letting Brown create a better run first offense for Young to develop under.  I think we see eye to eye on this.  

I think being down Shaw, Luvu, Horn, and Woods is going to make things tougher for Young.  Offenses are going to start exploiting our lack of depth and injuries as Seattle did and make it where we are playing from behind.