• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young on Cam

ncfan

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh he looks up to him alright…

Seriously though Young is about as polished as it gets for interviews. I don’t see him having any blunders in front of the cameras. He is always going to say the right things. I believe his dad is a consultant and professional speaker so he probably gets a lot of it naturally.

His dad is a  psychologist

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, ncfan said:

His dad is a  psychologist

It says counselor, speaker, and consultant. He even was a motivational speaker.

According to his official Instagram page, Craig is a consultant, speaker, and counselor, and founded Young Consulting Group LLC. He is a licensed therapist with a degree in sociology. 

Craig has also worked as a licensed therapist and done motivational speaking, along with mentoring. He is active on Instagram and posts about his family, football, and even motivational posts

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/college-football/who-bryce-young-s-parents-craig-julie-young-all-need-know

• Pie 3

Cam wouldn't be a great mentor for Young.  Their styles are almost the opposite and Cam was an absolute beast physically but a lot of the negative intricacies he had never improved that much.  He was a great qb in his prime, I'm not sure about helping coach up a young guy.

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, BrianS said:

If Cam wants to actually retire, I'd be ok with him being an assistant to McCown.  I just don't see him being interested in something like that.

Great players frequently make poor coaches.

A lot of times it's because what made them great isn't something they can necessarily transfer to others.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Great players frequently make poor coaches.

A lot of times it's because what made them great isn't something they can necessarily transfer to others.

Exactly, a lot of great players had things come easily/naturally to them or were great athletes and didnt have to pay as much attention to the small details.  Thats why its usually players that werent great that make the beat coaches.   They had to study all the nuances and tiny details to try to get an advantage.   This isn't a blanket statement, just a generalization. 

14 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Exactly, a lot of great players had things come easily/naturally to them or were great athletes and didnt have to pay as much attention to the small details.  Thats why its usually players that werent great that make the beat coaches.   They had to study all the nuances and tiny details to try to get an advantage.   This isn't a blanket statement, just a generalization. 

Kinda like this guy...

20230131160112-63d984e768d4116e03f66536j

(truthfully I could probably post pictures of several of our staff members and it still be valid)

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2