• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*apparently false scores leaked* STROUD SCORES 18% ON S2 TEST (or maybe not)

Just now, Castavar said:

Also, apparently a team had Stroud retake it because they were so concerned and he scored similarly. Wow.

The S2 developers said the scores rarely go up, no matter the amount of attempts.

12 minutes ago, ncfan said:

The score does line up a little with the film and what some of the PFF guys really have been hammering about him under pressure.
Pressure situations=needs faster reaction and read times.  Which the scores evaluate.  And that’s something Stroud was pretty bad at.

I wouldn’t take him off the board as a top 10 team at all.  Because he has a bunch of other good traits to be a franchise guy.  

The guy can play and no test can say otherwise. I hope he makes it within the top ten.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I live and breathe football and I have never heard of a site called Golong or mcginn draft.  Doesnt mean he isnt credible but its a pretty rando site

He used to write for a paper in Green Bay and he's known for the week before the Draft posting a lot of insights from people around the leagues on prospects. It was usually taken as very reliable from a lot of good Draft Sources, became a yearly thing I looked forward to for a while. He's been bouncing around to weird sites ever since he retired in 17 though.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

The guy can play when he has a clean pocket, doesn’t have to come off his first read, and has the best WRs in the nation; and no test can say otherwise. I hope he makes it within the top ten.

Fixed it 

• The D 1
  • Flames 7
  • Poo 2

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I live and breathe football and I have never heard of a site called Golong or mcginn draft.  Doesnt mean he isnt credible but its a pretty rando site

McGinn's been covering the Packers since I was a kid. He's legit.

I've never heard of Golong.

1 minute ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Right it's like an IQ test, if you're dumb there is no fix.

But this has nothing to do with IQ, it's more like processing under pressure, like you have 1 second to figure out which shape out of 20 is different, how fast can you identify it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, ncfan said:

The score does line up a little with the film and what some of the PFF guys really have been hammering about him under pressure.
Pressure situations=needs faster reaction and read times.  Which the scores evaluate.  And that’s something Stroud was pretty bad at.

I wouldn’t take him off the board as a top 10 team at all.  Because he has a bunch of other good traits to be a franchise guy.  

Fair or not: you must take into account the surrounding environment in your evaluation. Stroud's WR's/OL is by far the best in the nation. Look at what Ohio State has produced from the WR position in recent years, no other school can really compare. When your WR's are that elite, I think it hinders a QB's ability to transition to the next level in terms of processing and timing.

This isn't to say it cannot be learned. People get irate with me when I mention Fields, but look at the stats. He struggles to process. In the NFL, you're not going to be stacked at every position like you can be in college. QBs must lift their surrounding talent. That's what separates the tiers.

Edited by SuperBowlBound
  • Pie 3
  • Poo 1