• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL GM: 'I would bet my house' on Panthers drafting Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

@PanthersGOATFan336

Readiness remains a question mark on Stroud, who is still only 21 years old. Several scouts repeated the same early reports: Concerns about selfishness, his relationships with teammates and others around the building, overall leadership traits. One NFC scout who did extensive background work on Stroud explained it this way: “The first year he was at Ohio State competing for the job, he had to be about himself. Then, when he actually won the job, through the rest of ‘21 and on through the ‘22 offseason, he had to learn how to be a leader because he was always just driven to, I need to get this for myself, I gotta get this for my family, I gotta make sure I’m the starting quarterback. He was so driven that way, kind of with blinders on. Once he got the job, he had to go through a maturation of trying to figure out, OK, how do I lead a team? That part’s kind of been a work in progress. Smart kid, though. ...

2 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

@PanthersGOATFan336

Readiness remains a question mark on Stroud, who is still only 21 years old. Several scouts repeated the same early reports: Concerns about selfishness, his relationships with teammates and others around the building, overall leadership traits. One NFC scout who did extensive background work on Stroud explained it this way: “The first year he was at Ohio State competing for the job, he had to be about himself. Then, when he actually won the job, through the rest of ‘21 and on through the ‘22 offseason, he had to learn how to be a leader because he was always just driven to, I need to get this for myself, I gotta get this for my family, I gotta make sure I’m the starting quarterback. He was so driven that way, kind of with blinders on. Once he got the job, he had to go through a maturation of trying to figure out, OK, how do I lead a team? That part’s kind of been a work in progress. Smart kid, though. ...

Anonymous sources? Which scouts? Man the character assassination on this kid is shameful.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Just click the link nimrod. He only posted the first paragraph. 

2 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Name-calling that's how I know I got you triggered looool 

Obviously I've already seen it 

Melissa Mccarthy Fight GIF by Saturday Night Live

I'm seriously going to miss this pre draft pettiness.  You all make me giggle. ❤️

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

In his breakdown of this year’s passing prospects, Tom Pelissero quotes one AFC general manager who seems quite convinced it’s a done deal between Young and Carolina:

“The guy who can just play is Bryce Young,” an AFC GM said. “Is he going to be 185 pounds? He’s such a good processor and thinker and accurate, it probably works. They’re taking him. Just write it in. I would bet my house.”

I bet mine for Stroud.